Pregnant after 35
Options

Updated~Anyone have increased risk of downs and take the maternity 21 test?

lizok22lizok22 member
edited December 2013 in Pregnant after 35
I just took it and have to wait on pins and needles for 2 weeks. My ultra screen came back with increased risk based on blood work. I feel like it is because of my AMA, I am 37. Can anyone relate or share some positive stories?

Re: Updated~Anyone have increased risk of downs and take the maternity 21 test?

• Options
    I'm 36.  They weren't able to get any concrete date from my NT scan because baby was measuring too big.  I had the Harmony test, which is the same thing, but different brand.  It came back faster than I expected and with odds of <1:10,000 for trisomies 13, 18 and 21. Try to relax. You'll have your results before you know it.

• Options
    I am 38 and have a sister with downs. Because of those two factors- I am considered high risk. I had the maternit21 test done at 11 1/2 weeks and a nuchal ultrasound at 13 weeks. My results came back negative and my ultrasound was normal.
    I was so stressed and worried too. It feels like forever to get the results back! Mine took about 1 1/2 weeks!
    Stay calm. The odds are in your favor!
    Thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck. Keep us updated!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had an increased risk from the bloodwork during my first tri screen (1:57) but my NT scan measured in the "normal" range.  We went ahead with the Harmony test and the results were 1:10,000.  It was a very stressful 7-10 days but thinking of the odds (1:57 is still a less than a 2% chance) in a different way really helped.  Good luck, I hope your results come back soon.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had an increased risk (1:92) after my quad screen but I had already screened negative at both the NT scan and with the Verifi test (same as Maternity 21). So my doctor said not to worry unless something worrisome showed up at the anatomy scan, and everything was fine with that. So I think when you are AMA it is pretty common to get at least one of the blood tests showing a higher risk than one would like to see. I'm sure when you get your Mat 21 results everything will be just fine. I understand how stressful it is to hear those numbers, though.
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks all. I had 2 loses already this year, one in the 2nd trimester, so I am feeling a bit cursed like I will be the one. I would not terminate but I would worry my whole pregnancy since t21 most likely has health problems. Will update in 1 week!
  • Options
    Good luck, I hope you get good news soon.
  • Options
    I am 39. Hubby has a nephew that has Downs. I have my NT scan tomorrow. Well a free one. I have the official one Monday and will be doing blood work.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    results are in-It only took 1 week, can you believe it?  All were negative, thank God.  I am waiting until the 20w a/s for the gender.
  • Options
    I took the test due to a SUA diagnosis (Single Umbilical Artery) and it took exactly one week to get results (negative)
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFetus Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"