Dads & Dads-to-be

Baby Sebastian is here!!!

Sorry fellas i kinda feel off of here. Been quite busy between work and home. But i wanted to stop by this evening now that everything has calmed down to announce that our baby boy is here. the last 24 hours have been crazy, let me explain. First off im the one that me and my wife were going to a birthing center and doing this the all natural way. Ok so, it all started Sunday Kristen (my wife) was having surges starting around 7-8:00 pm. Nothing really progressed through the night. Then Monday afternoon she was having lots of pain in her back during the surges, not so much in her stomach. Once i got home Monday night we start to keep an eye on the timing of the contractions, and its all over the place. Most about 5-7 mins apart lasting around 25-45 secs. Then about 11:30 i was getting ready for bed and Kristen said she had to pee so i helped her up and she got this panic look on her face, she said she felt a lot of liquid. She said either i just peed myself or my water broke. She gets to the bathroom sits down and sees blood, a decent amount. So i call Michelle (our midwife), she said to wear a pad, keep an eye on it and call her back when the surges are 3-1-1. So about midnight we lay down to try to get some rest. Next thing i know it's 4:00 am Kristen is in the living room yelling for me. I get out there and she says "he's coming, he's coming now". I wanted to make sure it really was happening because she thought she might be panicking from a dream. Shortly after this she has the urge to push and she passes her mucus plug. We call Michelle and she says to come on in. We left the house at 4:17 am, it usually takes me about 30-35 mins to get to H2H (Heart 2 Heart) from our house, i get there in 19 mins. They were with another girl that was already there. So i knock on the door to the room, Michelle comes out, puts Kristen in room 1, does the exam says she can feel him. She says she will be right back that she was going to call someone in to help and she was going to check on the other girl. Not a minute after she leaves Kristen gets the urge to push and i see his head, i freak out, run in the hall, tell the girl i see the head she runs and tells Michelle. By the time Michelle makes it in there the head is already out, one more quick push and *POP* he comes right out. We were there maybe 8 or 9 mins before he graced us. Kristen did really well. In the end she said "that was nothing". He is perfectly healthy, 6 lbs 4 oz, 19 inches. Head full of hair, she said the heartburn was all worth it for that. We couldn't have asked for a better birthing experience. So i guess here goes nothing, bring on the learning experiences, sleepless nights (hopefully not for too long) and the memories. 

Re: Baby Sebastian is here!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"