Military Families

Who lives/or have lived in Vancouver Washington?

MH and I are moving there in December. He is a recruiter, and just got picked up a few days ago to work out of Vancouver Washington. We are both from Washington- I am from Tacoma/Seattle area...and he's from eastern Washington. We've never been to Vancouver Washington, just drove through it when we were heading to Idaho to visit. 

Anyway- I am currently looking for nice area's to live in. What part of Vancouver is a nice place to live? MH and I have 3 kids, 13, 7, and 3 months. I've been looking into Walnut Grove, and Salmon Creek for homes, and I'm not sure if those area's are a nice area to raise a family. 

Any area's we should avoid?

TIA

Re: Who lives/or have lived in Vancouver Washington?

• Hi @brandilc84 We are currently living in Vancouver and my DH is the S3 for the Portland Recruiting Battalion! 

We live in North Salmon Creek and love it! The Fisher' s Landing area is great too. I'm expecting my first, but from what I understand those two areas have the best schools. Feel free to send me a PM for more info and I can get you my personal contact info!

**********************************************************************************************************************

Diagnosed with PCOS June 2010, TTC#1 since May 2012
    Cycle#1-3 Clomid 50mg + TI= No response
    Cycle#4-5 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1000mg + TI= BFN, but finally ovulation!!!
    Cycle #6 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1500mg + IUI(4/15)= BFP!!! EDD 01/06/2014 <br>

Stella Margaret arrived on December 21, 2013!

imageimage image

• Loading the player...
  • Hi, I live in Vancouver salmon creek is a nice area . I live at hazel Dell it's also very nice. I have been here for almost 2years and haven't had any problem. I have a 9month baby
  • Erin1510Erin1510 member
    edited December 2013
    We lived in Vancouver for my husband's first year of recruiting duty. We're currently living in Albany, OR now (about 2 hours south of Vancouver).

We lived in the Fishers Landing neighborhood closer to Camas (close to 192nd street and Mcgillvray or however you spell it). I would stick to that side of town if possible. The schools in the Evergreen District are better than in Vancouver Public Schools. I substitute taught for both districts and had much better experiences in Evergreen.

I know this is an older post, so I hope you're enjoying the area!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @Erin1510
    Thanks!! We move in 2 weeks. We still haven't found a place to live by have been looking in camas, salmon creek and 5 corners. I know cams, salmon creek, Fishers landing are all good areas, but what about 5 corners?

• Hi, I live in Vancouver salmon creek is a nice area . I live at hazel Dell it's also very nice. I have been here for almost 2years and haven't had any problem.
    I have a 9month baby

@TaliaChurchman

Hey!! What is Hazel Dell near? I haven't heard of that place.

• @Erin1510
    Thanks!! We move in 2 weeks. We still haven't found a place to live by have been looking in camas, salmon creek and 5 corners. I know cams, salmon creek, Fishers landing are all good areas, but what about 5 corners?

I am not familiar with that area, sorry! We only lived there for about 11 months so I didn't learn all the areas.

For street reference, I would stick to the area west of 162nd, south of Mill Plain, and north of Highway 14. We lived in that area and it was very nice. And like I said, Camas is nice too with good schools.

Away from there, the area north where I-5 and I-205 come back together (near the fairgrounds) is also very nice. Kind of a country area too which is cool (that may be Salmon Creek, I can't remember)

We rented from Ross Pacific when we lived in Vancover. They had houses available all over the area.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• hazel dell is near hwy 99th and 78st ... really close to I5 exit... and no more than 10min to the bridge that conect with Portland. I have a 9month baby and Im not from here either but I feel really safe and think that its a nice area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"