Trying to Get Pregnant

Stop BC Mid Pack - Pregnancy Symptoms & No Period but BFN Test?!

I stopped my birth control mid-pack on Oct 30th and had a pretty heavy period about two days later, 11/1 that lasted three days with a heavy flow and bright red blood. I've read both opinions that it can or cannot count as your period, but I'm counting it as a period b/c it was heavier than my normal periods were. Since then, my husband and I have had sex almost everyday (we are newly weds ;) About two weeks ago, 11/20, I had super tender breast and nipples for about two days, almost so sore wearing a bra hurt. Also, about a week ago 11/25, I had some very light pinkish brown bleed during sex and then it lasted about a day. I didn't count this as a period b/c it was so light.

On BC I had a normal 28 day cycle and was very regular, so I figured I was due for my next period on 11/30 based off my last period that came when i stopped BC mid-pack. However, it's 12/2 and still no period. I've taken two pregnancy test and they have both been negative. They were generic grocery store brand test, like $10 for a pack of three.

Could it be that I am pregnant but it's too early to take a test - or that my cycle is completely messed up because I stopped mid pack? I read the sore breasts can be a symptom of pregnancy but also of your period (but that was two weeks ago and no period yet). Also, the light spotting I read could also be implantation. I'm just wondering why I'm getting these symptoms with no period and negative pregnancy tests.

Has anyone had a similar experience like this? Or has come off BC mid pack and had symptoms like these but wasn't pregnant?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Re: Stop BC Mid Pack - Pregnancy Symptoms & No Period but BFN Test?!

• PPs have you covered, but just out of curiosity...  why did you stop mid-pack?

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• Lauren584 said:

I stopped my birth control mid-pack on Oct 30th and had a pretty heavy period about two days later, 11/1 that lasted three days with a heavy flow and bright red blood. I've read both opinions that it can or cannot count as your period, but I'm counting it as a period b/c it was heavier than my normal periods were. Since then, my husband and I have had sex almost everyday (we are newly weds ;) About two weeks ago, 11/20, I had super tender breast and nipples for about two days, almost so sore wearing a bra hurt. Also, about a week ago 11/25, I had some very light pinkish brown bleed during sex and then it lasted about a day. I didn't count this as a period b/c it was so light.

On BC I had a normal 28 day cycle and was very regular, so I figured I was due for my next period on 11/30 based off my last period that came when i stopped BC mid-pack. However, it's 12/2 and still no period. I've taken two pregnancy test and they have both been negative. They were generic grocery store brand test, like $10 for a pack of three.

Could it be that I am pregnant but it's too early to take a test - or that my cycle is completely messed up because I stopped mid pack? I read the sore breasts can be a symptom of pregnancy but also of your period (but that was two weeks ago and no period yet). Also, the light spotting I read could also be implantation. I'm just wondering why I'm getting these symptoms with no period and negative pregnancy tests.

Has anyone had a similar experience like this? Or has come off BC mid pack and had symptoms like these but wasn't pregnant?

Oh there is so much wrong with this.

First of all you were on hormonal BC- your cycles were being regulated, that's why they were "regular." This is often the purpose of BC. Stopping after a whole pack can screw your cycles up for months to a year- stopping mid pack can do the same if not more. Your body is playing catch up. I'm going on 6 months post BC and my cycles are finally starting to make sense. I went 58 days without a period the first cycle after BC. Unless you're temping, you have no idea when you ovulated or when your next period is due.

You are not pregnant if you're getting a negative test. You clearly scrolled right by the newbie blog- go back and read that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Lauren584 said:

I think pp's have it covered. Especially about reading the newbie blog!

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

• I can't even handle another "am I pregnant post".

Can you tell me if I am pregnant? No. So why on earth would you think I can tell you.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mmb248mmb248 member
    edited December 2013
    It takes a while for your body to regulate after going off birth control.  You had perfectly regular 28 day cycles on BCP because of the BCP. 

It's possible that you're pregnant, but it's more likely that your cycle is just screwy because you're going off BCP.  If you get to 60 days with no period (January 3), contact your doctor.  Look into fertility friend.  It's a free website/app that you can use to chart your cycles using your BBT (basal body temperature).  Temping is the only way to know if/when you ovulate.
    imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • mmb248 said:

It takes a while for your body to regulate after going off birth control.  You had perfectly regular 28 day cycles on BCP because of the BCP. 

It's possible that you're pregnant, but it's more likely that your cycle is just screwy because you're going off BCP.  If you get to 60 days with no period (January 3), contact your doctor.  Look into fertility friend.  It's a free website/app that you can use to chart your cycles using your BBT (basal body temperature).  Temping is the only way to know if/when you ovulate.

Seeing as her pregnancy tests are negative, it's highly unlikely she's pregnant. False hope isn't cool, yo
  • Getting off the pill is like biking over rocky terrain for your body. It'll take a while to even out.

Getting off the pill in mid-cycle is like riding a unicycle down a mountain. Your body is understandably confused as to why you are unicycling down a mountain. Give it time to get itself back under control.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Lauren584Lauren584 member
    edited December 2013
    Yikes...my bad for not knowing about the "newbie" blog. I figured the "trying to get pregnant" thread would work since I'm "trying to get pregnant."
    I do have fertility friend and my cycles were 28 days before BC. I'm very familiar with charting, as I practiced the rhythm method for years before BC. My doctor put me on BC a year ago because I was bleeding a lot during intercourse.
    Thank you to those of you that responded kindly. I plan to see my gyno in these next week.
  • I swore I was pregnant when I got off the pill. Turns out, it was just my hormones regulating. I'd really recommend at least learning to check your basal body temp. It's crazy how much that will tell you about your body. And it's so simple!
    Me(29), DH (29)
    Married December 2011     TTC#1 Since November 2013
    Dec. 2013... BFP! 12/31/13... Natural M/C 1/29/14 (8 weeks)
    July 2014...BFP!... 17dpo beta 581...19dpo beta 1419!!.. stick baby, stick!
    EDD: 3/20/15.. It's a boy!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Lauren584 said:

Yikes...my bad for not knowing about the "newbie" blog. I figured the "trying to get pregnant" thread would work since I'm "trying to get pregnant."
    I do have fertility friend and my cycles were 28 days before BC. I'm very familiar with charting, as I practiced the rhythm method for years before BC. My doctor put me on BC a year ago because I was bleeding a lot during intercourse.
    Thank you to those of you that responded kindly. I plan to see my gyno in these next week.

Your cycles aren't going to go right back to how they used to be, and they might never. Your ovaries aren't set in stone- they'll do what they want.

Also what the hell are you going to your gyno for?? We just told you it's common to have irregular cycles after stopping BC.. You're wasting his time and insurance money.

If you already knew everything why are you even wasting our time?
  • Coming off of BC throws cycles out of whack, and your body has to deal with a whole mess of hormones it hasn't had to for a long time - of course you're going to have symptoms mimicking pregnancy, it's the same hormones now flooding your body.  Chill out and stop doubting the tests, a negative = not pregnant now.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• There's really no need to go to the doctor. After getting a period right after BC like "normal" I had a 24 day cycle, and I'm now on day 60 with no period. It sucks, but is fairly common after getting off BC. My doctor basically said he wouldn't do anything unless I went 3-4 months without ovulating or a year without conceiving. When I got close to CD 60 without a period, he just called me in a prescription for Provera.

Long story short, you have no reason to go to the doctor.
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• It is unlikely that you are pregnant. When in doubt keep testing using pink dye, and first morning's urine.

All the symptoms in the world don't mean much. I know, you want to see if others have experienced the same & been pregnant. The answer is yes. Some have. That means nothing for your individual situation though. Their experience does not determine yours.

Good luck to you.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Wow, I'm so surprised at all of the hostility here about my posting!

Great news though, upon recommendation that I buy a digital test, I bought one after lunch and took the test. I'M PREGNANT!

So it's possible to get pregnant anytime you stop birth control. Thanks you to everyone that was kind and provided helpful feedback!

A big thank you to Janda426 for all of her encouraging help. Good luck! ;)

• Lauren584 said:
    Wow, I'm so surprised at all of the hostility here about my posting!

Great news though, upon recommendation that I buy a digital test, I bought one after lunch and took the test. I'M PREGNANT!

So it's possible to get pregnant anytime you stop birth control. Thanks you to everyone that was kind and provided helpful feedback!

There was no hostility until THIS post.  What else were we supposed to tell you, based on stopping pills mid-cycle (SOO not recommended), whacked out hormonal symptoms and two negative tests?  Squeeee, you're totes prego for sure?  You can just move along to 1st Tri now, I'm so sorry I wasted any time on you.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Lauren584 said:

WOW! That was a little rude.

Fucking bump!!!!
  • It was probably me guys. I keep forgetting not everyone likes unicycles.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • It was lovely to meet you, OP.

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• ::magic ute ball::

Twins...a boy....and....a girl! Squeee!!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Lauren584 said:

Of course you are. Fuck, people are morons.
  • Lauren584 said:
    17 Background Actors Who Have No Idea What They Are Doing
    @MermaidsMagic I'm cracking up at your Neil Patrick Harris gif! At first I didn't even notice the guy in the background lmao!

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP: 6/4/14       EDD: 2/11/15
  • Lurking. My vote is that your cycle is off because of bc. You just recently got off and really need to just give it time to get back in order. I didn't have a period for about a year after getting off depo and I wasn't on it very long- Then I switched to the pill eventually and was on it for 3 cycles until we decided to try. My very first cycle of me not tracking lasted 42 days. If the text is saying negative then it's a negative for now. I've tested with 88 cent wal mart brand and still got accurate answers.

It's a BOY

• Lauren584 said:

You're an idiot. It's not possible to get pregnant at anytime. You have one day, one chance each month. And if your hormone isn't strong enough to pull two lines on a regular, its most likely not strong enough to pull a positive on a digi. I say you're full shit- Bye now

It's a BOY

• There are a few things here, first and foremost the only reason your cycles were "regular" on birth control is because the hormones in the pills made them that way. If this is your first cycle off the pill in a while there are tons of symptoms you will pick up on that you didn't have while on the pill. For me, breast tenderness after ovulation was the biggest symptom that I started noticing when my body was trying to regulate itself. If you aren't temping your BBT then you really don't know when you ovulated, therefore you don't really know if you are late or not. I would recommend picking up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility. This is going to help you learn about your body and what really happens.

TTC #1 since August 2012

BFP 7/5/13 ~EDD 3/17/14 - MC 7/22/13

DX PCOS 9/17/13 - Cyst on left ovary benched on BCP

10/12/13 Cyst is gone starting cycle #1 Femara - U/S shows no response

11/19/13 Large cyst on right ovary. Benched again.

12/18/13 2 cm cyst still on my right ovary. Back to BCP. 

1/10/14 start femara 5mg for 10 days

IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Lauren584 said:

I am sure you are sweety. Run along now to the 1st Tri board.. Buh bye!

TTC #1 since August 2012

BFP 7/5/13 ~EDD 3/17/14 - MC 7/22/13

DX PCOS 9/17/13 - Cyst on left ovary benched on BCP

10/12/13 Cyst is gone starting cycle #1 Femara - U/S shows no response

11/19/13 Large cyst on right ovary. Benched again.

12/18/13 2 cm cyst still on my right ovary. Back to BCP. 

1/10/14 start femara 5mg for 10 days

IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • redaero said:
    I feel like a giant dumbass, here, but can somebody explain to me why it's bad to stop in the middle of a pack? Your body isn't having real cycles on BCP anyway, is it really that important whether you stop before the pack is done or not? I just quit when I felt like it when we were TTC our first two, and I didn't notice any problems... is that something to avoid in the future?
    It's not bad, but your body is used to the hormone shifts that the BC provides.  For example, most oral BCs lower dosage towards the end to prepare you for your period (and trigger it).   If you suddenly pull a curveball on your body by stopping mid-pack, you will probably trigger your period immediately, and start a wonky cycle.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Lauren584 said:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lre85rOxrj1qje0bvo1_500.gif

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

TTC Since August 2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"