July 2014 Moms

Woman arrested for drinking while breastfeeding... And discuss!

13 yr old boy with ASD, ADHD and PICA, 11 yr old boy, 3 yr old Girl, & baby Girl.

imageimage

Re: Woman arrested for drinking while breastfeeding... And discuss!

• That's ridiculous. I'm glad the server was fired, even if it was for something else.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • mehg209mehg209 member
    edited December 2013
    wow!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • tourqeyestourqeyes member
    edited December 2013
    mehg209 said:
    wow!!!
    Just curious to know why you aren't sticking by your original response on this?

ETA: It was probably wise anyhow, I could have seen this thread blowing up.

• Um, last I checked it wasn't illegal.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • ooo drama.  It seemed a little quiet recently.
    ppl are dumb.
    My dh was just finishing a beer at bennigans and asked the pimple faced server to bring him another. The kid refused, said he could only have 1 beer at a time. We had been there before and returned again, and NEVER had that problem. ppl are stupid over alcohol.
    imageimage"">

• tourqeyes said:

mehg209 said:

wow!!!

Just curious to know why you aren't sticking by your original response on this?

ETA: It was probably wise anyhow, I could have seen this thread blowing up.

What was the original response?
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Don't quote me but it said something about her knowing someone or having a friend that did that routinely and how she was more or less taking the position of what the waitress did. (This is putting it very nicely as I knew it would stir some feathers how it was originally worded).

• I'm speechless over this. I personally would pump and dump, but I know people who swear by a bit of alcohol in the milk supply for teething babies.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That makes me so angry. I drank some and breastfed my baby, no worries. My pediatrician said it was fine as lone as you aren't drunk. People need to mind their own business.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am just trying to figure out how she managed to simultaneously nurse a drink AND a baby. Admittedly I was not the most adept at nursing but still I think I would need three arms to do both at the same time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't believe the cops actually arrested her.  As others have commented, it takes at least 30 minutes before the alcohol makes it into the breast milk.  For all we know she could be planning to pump and dump later.  The fact this is going to trial makes me stabby!

And I can nurse while doing other things too.  It takes practice but is doable.

13 yr old boy with ASD, ADHD and PICA, 11 yr old boy, 3 yr old Girl, & baby Girl.

imageimage

• I am just trying to figure out how she managed to simultaneously nurse a drink AND a baby. Admittedly I was not the most adept at nursing but still I think I would need three arms to do both at the same time.

I was a pro at nursing. I could crochet a scarf while nursing, eat a meal, whatever.
    Same! I nursed for a year and could browse my iPad, have a glass of wine, read a book, etc. 

But yes, the bottom line is, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm curious if there were other factors that made the waitress think to call the police. And I'm also curious if the cops gave her a breathalyzer before they arrested her. I cannot imagine that this would all happen over her having just one, or even two, drinks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ooh this one is gonna get a lot of different opinions! My opinion to each his own! I personally don't drink at all so I'll never be the subject of this lol. You do what you think is best for yourself and if you're getting professional advice even better! I just think its a personal subject/choice and not up to the public :)
  • One of the things someone in June 2014 found out more information on was the whole "drink after drink" actually meant "sip after sip" 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"