Breastfeeding
Options

Why I love BFing, reason #437

NO HAND, FOOT, AND MOUTH DISEASE!!!

One of the toddlers at DC had some sores appear on Monday.  The formula fed baby got a fever and sores along with the 2 other toddlers, but DS and the toddler's 5 month old brother who are both EBF didn't get it and according to the Dr's, most likely won't. So, DS is going to have a really calm day before the holiday with the DC provider and the 5 month old.

Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!

Re: Why I love BFing, reason #437

• Options
    I wish I could love this post, but my 10 month old who is EBF has hand, foot, and mouth disease right now. :( Glad your son is healthy though!

• Options
    I ended up weaning my 17 month old, because he refused to nurse after he contracted HFM disease. After several days my milk was gone...and we were done.

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bummer ladies, I'm sorry that happened to you.  I realize HFM has several strains, like the common cold or flu virus, and we lucked out that DS's DC had a strain that he has immunity to, but I have to believe BFing helped due to the fact that the two BF babies didn't contract it while the toddlers and FF baby did.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Options
    HFM disease sucks! My DS got it (he was fussy for a few days and had a blister on his foot and mild fever, but not too bad). Then, he passed it on to me and let me tell you, it was probably the worst pain of my life (other than childbirth). I had the most painful blisters in my mouth, rash on palms of my hands and soles of my feet which turned into blisters that itched so bad and nothing could soothe it. My husband had to carry me around the house because it hurt too much to walk on my blistered feet. I hope we never experience that again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"