North Carolina Babies

Piedmont GYN/OB (Charlotte, NC)

Hi - Looking for anyone that has been a patient of Piedmont OB-GYN and specifically the Ballantyne location. Any recommendations or comments are appreciated.

Was previously a patient at Carmel OB-GYN in Blakeney with my first child (and enjoyed it - highly recommend Dr Sherrol Barnes) but am exploring other options for this pregnancy now that they no longer deliver at Pineville.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Piedmont GYN/OB (Charlotte, NC)

• I go to the Piedmont Gyn/Ob office in Steele Creek and have seen both Dr Barkley & Northcutt who also use the Ballantyne office. I really love the Doctors and Staff that I have dealt with. They are so polite and reassuring. I'm 6w and high risk and they are really great at answering all my questions and wonderful at putting me at ease..this is my first! Give them a try and I don't believe you will be disappointed! 2 of my friends recommended them to me and one of their moms too! :)
  • I am in nearly the same boat! I am currently a patient of Dr Barnes (she came highly recommended and I really like her), but I just called to make my first prenatal appointment and found out that they no longer deliver at CMC-Pineville. I had a bad experience at Piedmont OB/GYN Ballantyne but maybe I need to try again.  I would love to know what you decide to do! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @zabeth74 For now I have decided to stay at Carmel OB/GYN but am going to see Dr Barnes next month (my appointment last week was with a nurse practitioner). I will get her feedback on what she thinks about my fast labor with DS. I'm terrified if it goes any quicker this go around we will not make it to the hospital in time.

• tourqeyes, I am about a month behind you! I see the NP next month and then Dr Barnes in Jan. I am also terrified of the long drive to Matthews -  my labor with my daughter was fast. And I've heard great things about CMC-Pineville, so I'm disappointed that Carmel has moved.
  • @zabeth74 - I made the switch today to Piedmont GYN/OB and I hoping that I won't be disappointed! What ultimately made me switch was my insurance has estimated health costs by doctors and hospitals and it appears that a delivery at Matthew's hospital (Carmel OB/GYN) is nearly $850 more expensive than at Pineville (Piedmont GYN/OB). Not sure if this is the case for you, but wanted to pass it along.

I think because I liked delivering at Pineville and I never know who will be the one to deliver me when I go into labor from Carmel OB/GYN, I thought it would be beneficial to do the switch.

• I currently go to Carmel OB office and see Dr Goldman. I live a few miles from their office so for appointments it's very convenient. This is my second pregnancy and my last one was in VA. What's the difference in hospitals? It seems like a lot of people prefer the one in Pineville.

Last time the practice I was with had two locations so I only met half the doctors. Someone I'd never met deliverd me. Are any of the other practices smaller where you will know your doctor for delivery?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi Tourqueyes, 
    I was a patient of Piedmont Gyn OB for over 4 years. When I became pregnant, the only information I received from anyone in the practice was a small stack of photocopies from one of the midwives with some very, very general information and a long article about why you should use a midwife for delivery (which did not apply to me, since I am older and therefore "high risk"). Since it was my first pregnancy, I did a lot of research on my own and asked the practitioners about some of my findings, eg: what type of food should I eat / avoid? They would not answer any of my questions, as if they were afraid of the liability. 
    It turned out that I had a fetal anomaly. Michelle was wonderful and helped me the best she could. I went to The Women's Institute for confirmation testing, the geneticist faxed the results and called the practice multiple times. I also called them several times for advice or referrals for next steps. They NEVER called the geneticist back, nor did they ever return my calls. I was not nasty in my messages, I was an active, paid in full patient, so there is no reason for the lack of care I received from Piedmont Gyn Ob. Their lack of treatment and their incredibly vague bills that they and CMC send every few days are absurd. I think they hope you'll just pay without doing your due diligence. Word to the wise: call for your balance, because with multiple bills coming, they do overlap each other and do not account for what you've paid. I would not send my pregnant worst enemy to Piedmont Gyn OB Ballantyne, seriously. 
    If you're still looking, or need advice for your friends or next time, Mintview is amazing and also has a location nearby in Ballantyne. Good luck with your pregnancy :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"