April 2014 Moms
Options

High blood pressure (Pre-eclampsia?) -update

MarusikaMarusika member
edited December 2013 in April 2014 Moms
Last few days, my high blood pressure reached the upper values of normality (130/80) so I announced my doctor and he consulted me today..  I had a brief U/S, the baby was fine.
When I left the house, My Blood pressure was absolutely normal, 117/70... but when I entered the hospital, I felt that specific smell and started to feel sick, my worst nightmares happened in that hospital. I suddenly felt dizzy and my heart started beating very fast..I had a bad feeling about that hospital..  So, the dr took my BP and it was 145/85... That`s high :( .. When I came home i was still high. I`m pretty sure that the stress of me being again i  the hospital made my BP rise so fast .
Tomorrow I should get my urine test results ...and if there are proteins, it is a sign of pre-e :(.
I`m really concerned...

Anyone else has HBP?  DO you have any advise?
BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage
Baby# 1 - gone at 6 weeks - Oct 2009
Baby# 2 ( beloved girl Maria) -stillbirth at 31 weeks - Apr 2013
Baby# 3 EDD April 2014 - Hope it`s our take home baby

*sorry for grammar mistakes, I learned english pretty much by myself.

Re: High blood pressure (Pre-eclampsia?) -update

• Options
    It does sound like some white coat syndrome. I would start monitoring it on your own, like whenever you're at one of those machines at the pharmacy or grocery or whatever stop and take your bp.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Your high blood pressure number (130/80) isn't considered abnormal in my doctor's office. There is a huge difference between having high blood pressure and being anxious around doctors or hospitals. I'm glad your doctor is keeping an eye on it, but it doesn't sound out of the ordinary to me, so just stay calm. If you do have pre-eclampsia, your doctor will know what to do to help you and your baby. Everything is going to be okay.  :)

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was white coat syndrome for sure.
    I know that 130/80 isn`t abnormal, My dr said that it`s ok,  but until now my BP was lower, so he told me to announce him if my BP gets higher, even if not abnormal, just to be safe and careful...

Aw, I`m concerned because I had High blood pressure last pregnancy and was on medicine starting with 27 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage

• Options
    Hayley52481Hayley52481 member
    edited November 2013
    I get the same way when I enter the hospital.  Mine gets so high after I have my babies and while I'm staying in the hospital 160/90 that they want me to stay but I always have to beg them to let me go home (knowing that as soon as I get home and sleep in my own bed it will go down).  They just have me come back a few days later to check it and it's always back to normal.  With my first pregnancy I had high blood pressure near the end with a few signs of pre-e that I was induced at 39 weeks.  My second pregnancy didn't have it until after he was born.  This pregnancy... My blood pressure at around 17 weeks was really high so they had me go upstairs for an EKG and blood testing.  Everything was fine.  Hopefully it's nothing except just nerves!  Just try to relax!  I know it's easier said than done :/ Praying for ya!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers                                                   Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thank you all!

My job is exosting sometimes, so I think I`m going to quit, as stress might rise the blood pressure.
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage

• Options
    I've had Pre E with 5/6 of my pregnancies. Now my dr. Considers anything for ME from 130/80 high but won't give meds until 140/90. Of course, the 24 hr urine test will let them know a more accurate view of protein. So that's good you had it. Probably just being at the hospital made it worse. FYI- The BP machines at cvs and such read HIGH. If you need one, purchase one at a drug store. Mine was $99 but I've seen them at $60-80.
  • Options
    I have 2 BP machines at home. One electrical and one simple, old style.
    I just took my BP again, it became normal ( 117/70) as I calmed down.
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage

• Options
    I'm giving birth for the second time in a birth center because hospital environments scare me. This birth center in Dallas is about 1 block from a hospital that has an excellent record for maternal care. We're driving 2.5 hours to use this birth center and it's totally worth it to me. I hope this is an option for you. Maybe you could look in your area? Or alternatively you could hire an experienced duala (birth coach) to come to your house so you don't need to go to the hospital until right before baby comes out.
  • Options
    JoelleOK said:
    I'm giving birth for the second time in a birth center because hospital environments scare me. This birth center in Dallas is about 1 block from a hospital that has an excellent record for maternal care. We're driving 2.5 hours to use this birth center and it's totally worth it to me. I hope this is an option for you. Maybe you could look in your area? Or alternatively you could hire an experienced duala (birth coach) to come to your house so you don't need to go to the hospital until right before baby comes out.
    It`s the biggest maternity hospital in the area so I`m giving birth there for sure, we don`t have doulas in our country. but I came there today just because my doctor wanted to see me and he was on the emergency watch . Usually I go to his clinic, I feel ok there.
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage

• Options
    Teresa1896Teresa1896 member
    edited November 2013
    Marusika said:

I track my BP daily and bring the log into my OB appts every month- could you try that? I would do that before jumping to meds, because if you don't have high BP, the meds aren't necessary and could drop your pressure too low. I always have high BP in the office but normal at home (110s/60s). I'm under strict instructions to call my doctor immediately if my BP at home starts to go up. He knows now (2nd pregnancy) that I don't have high BP, just white coat anxiety. :)

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    I track my BP daily and bring the log into my OB appts every month- could you try that? I would do that before jumping to meds, because if you don't have high BP, the meds aren't necessary and could drop your pressure too low. I always have high BP in the office but normal at home (110s/60s). I'm under strict instructions to call my doctor immediately if my BP at home starts to go up. He knows now (2nd pregnancy) that I don't have high BP, just white coat anxiety. :)
    That would be a good Idea , to make a daily chart of the BP. We are not jumping to meds yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage

• Options
    I have high BP.  I got it the last two weeks with DS and it has never regulated.  I had a period of about a year where I didn't need to take medication, but I went back on it 6 months before getting pregnant.  I've been on meds all through this pregnancy and just watching it closely.  
    First we had you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Then we had you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Now we are complete.

• Options
    Just hope we`ll be fine, all HBP mammas.
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage

• Options
    I had pre-e with my first, but with the second two it was only borderline high (he only is concerned when it's over 140/90), so far with this one, my BP has been low.
  • Options
    They always thought I had high blood pressure until I got it taken at home once by a friend who wanted to "practice" on me. It's actually on the low end of normal. Same thing when I see my MW- low end of normal. In the ER- alarmingly high, which they acted surprised about. Uhhh I was miscarrying. Of COURSE my BP was through the roof!
    Every time my MW checks my BP it's great- I just can't handle the stress of hospitals/"regular" doctors. Hence why I'm home birthing.....

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    I got urine test results and there are no proteins in it so it`s not PRE-E.
    But, My BP is high , I`m taking it at home, it`s still 145/85...
    I cried about it, I`m so scared.... I will see my dr next week to discuss that and probably for medication...
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage

• Options
    Marusika said:
    I got urine test results and there are no proteins in it so it`s not PRE-E.
    But, My BP is high , I`m taking it at home, it`s still 145/85...
    I cried about it, I`m so scared.... I will see my dr next week to discuss that and probably for medication...
    I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry about it too much, and don't freak out if they don't want to give you meds for it yet.  Many doctors won't give BP meds for an upper number in the 140s and a lower number under 90.  They may still just want you to keep an eye on it, which can be stressful when you feel like you just want them to take care of it with medicine (I've been through this with this pregnancy already.  My BPs have been pretty good lately, but I was so nervous when they didn't want to give me meds. 
  • Options
    well, I guess they`ll give me meds this time again. Last pregnancy I had my highest BP 150/90 and they gave me meds.
    But I started having HBP at 26 weeks..and now at 21.... that`s very early..
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"