December 2012 Moms
Options

I know it's weird, but I'm kind of sad...

Thanksgiving is Ben's last first holiday. I know I should be happy, and I totally am. But, holy crap, this year has just flown by and it's happy and sad all at once! I remember last Thanksgiving, I was pregnant, and all I could think about was meeting my baby. Now, all of a sudden, I have a toddler! Anyway, just sharing my mixed feelings w/you ladies, because I know a lot of you feel the same way. Geez, where has this year gone? 
photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: I know it's weird, but I'm kind of sad...

• Options
    I have a first Christmas coming up still, but I know what you mean. It has been amazing watching all of the firsts this year. I knew that children change so much in the first year, but to actually watch it for myself has been amazing. I remember how excited I was when she smiled at me for the first time and when she grabbed a toy for the first time, and now she's smiling, blowing kisses, clapping, waiving, walking, and getting into everything! Once she started walking we were a little sad because that is the last big milestone of her first year, and now in less than a month it will be her last first holiday. I read something written by a mother of multiple children that said there is nothing that compares to the first year with your first child because as a mother you are also experiencing things for the first time. Don't get me wrong I feel incredibly blessed to have had such an amazing first year, it just seems to have gone by too fast.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    Exactly, @JessannJ. I couldn't have said it better myself. This year has been pretty amazing. 
    photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel the same way, OP.....but I'm kind of not counting last Christmas as DD's first one...technically she was there, but she was only 5 days so she didn't really get to partake in the holiday, so although she won't have any "Baby's First Christmas" stuff this year, it'll be the first one she takes parts in.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    I didn't even think of that until now! Our Ben showed up Christmas Day so I'm going to count this year as his first one. I really can't believe how fast time has flown by.
  • Options
    Also @fullcircle06 not only do our boys share the same name, but the same crazy curly hair! He is ADORABLE!
  • Options
    Awww, Thanks @ShaunaT25. Your Benjamin is adorable, too and I am loving your new siggy pic. 
  • Options
    I hear ya! It was definitely a mixed holiday this year....the day started out with the babies being super fussy and clingy, and DH just slept through their bfast and all their preparation for the day (I thought I was "being nice" by letting him sleep in, but I was getting really pissed off). Then when I finally went to drag him out of bed, he said he was sick....and then threw up. So I felt totally guilty about being mad at him, and then like the day was going to be ruined, as I would have to be stuck at home with fussy babies and a sick DH. He insisted that I go to my mom's, though, since all he wanted to do was sleep (and he just stayed in bed all day...didn't even watch the Lions...). I still felt like a crappy wife, though, and our day felt incomplete without him being there.....so I was sad about that, frustrated with the babies, disappointed that the day was not going how I hoped it would, plus the emotional stuff of it being the babies' first Thanksgiving, them growing up so fast....but I did have a very pleasant afternoon w/ my family, the babies LOVED their Thanksgiving meal (they literally said "Om nom nom" as they ate LOL! and they didn't drop a crumb on the floor....which was a miracle in and of itself)....and DH seems to be on the mend, so it's all good.

Wow, that turned into quite a rant. Sorry about that! I hope you ladies all had a great Thanksgiving! :)
  • Options
    I was thinking about that yesterday too!  It's sad...

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    jaimevogtjaimevogt member
    edited December 2013
    Sigh, I hear you. Honestly I didn't really do much for any of his "firsts" because I just didn't think he'd have fun at them. 
    Fireworks at 6 months, I thought would be lost on him. Although I regret not taking pictures of him eating at Thanksgiving. I guess I'm bad at that. 

Next year will really be all of his firsts, when he can enjoy them more.
    imageimageimage
    weddingcountdown.com Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"