December 2012 Moms

Can 10 mo. olds throw temper tantrums?

I'm only half kidding when I ask... LO is ringing in 10 months today by pitching a fit about everything. Woke up from his last nap like a beast, won't take his bottle or sippy cup except when I offered water with juice mixed in, and reaches for me then pushes me away over and over while screaming his head off.
Let him play with my phone though, and he's suddenly fine. Awesome.

Wonder week (we're definitely close to one)? Teething (I don't see anything coming in)? Or maybe just his first temper tantrum? 
What the what do I do with this child?
Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Can 10 mo. olds throw temper tantrums?

• Mine does! Usually if you tell her no or take something away.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Morgan will throw herself backwards and start crying if you tell her no when she really is into something...chewing cords for instance!  She will do it if you try to pick her up and she doesn't want to, her whole body goes backwards.  It's almost like she's trying to do a backbend.

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Oh yeah! It's fun huh? Lol Alivia wrinkles up her nose and smiles when we tell her no. And yesteday se started shaking her head no at us lol
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • When she gets upset now at bedtime she lays on the floor and kicks her feet. She won't sit up or come up to you.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• JessAnnJ said:
    When she gets upset now at bedtime she lays on the floor and kicks her feet. She won't sit up or come up to you.
    We have the bed time battles now too.  She would rather lay there a flip out for a few minutes that just crawl the 3 feet to the rocking chair, apparently :)  She doesn't really do it when we take stuff away, because if she is headed for something she shouldn't be in, I typically grab her and give her something to distract (she's a book lover, so I usually just pull 10 of them off the shelf and set her in the middle of them).  She is starting to get more upset when she wants to move and can't (i.e., sitting in a booth at a restaurant when we're waiting for food).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh, yes.  Will already jump up and down while crying and screaming and throwing his head back when he doesn't get his way.  I can see that the terrible twos are going to be terrific.
  • DD just started throwing herself backwards when she is mad... just thankful for a strong grip on her LOL!

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Oh yes...every time we put her in a pnp or her super yard and don't let her have free roam of the house.  But she is much easier to tune out then the 3 and 4 year olds!  I find her little tantrums to be cute and kind of funny.  The other 2 make me angry >:P
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lmhearst0310lmhearst0310 member
    edited December 2013
  • I still generally rack those fits up to being crazy over tired, even if they did just have a nap.
    imageimageimage
    weddingcountdown.com Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"