Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Soaking Through at Night

Hey all! I haven't posted here before, but I have a question about my DD. She's 13 months and for the last few days, maybe week, she's been soaking through her jammies and even sleep sack at night. She's in bed for at least 12 hours at night. We use the Pampers overnight diapers and they've been great overall. DH went and got the size 5's for her (she's normally a 4) because when we had this problem before we just went up a size and it was fine. But this morning she still soaked through! She gets a 5 oz sippy cup of milk at bedtime still. Any advice or are we just screwed? :P Thanks!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Soaking Through at Night

• Put two diapers on her.  My husband thought I was crazy but it really works. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've had pretty good luck using Pampers overnights with a diaper booster pad. BRU sells them. I think you can order them from Amazon too.

• Loading the player...
  • Put two diapers on her.  My husband thought I was crazy but it really works. 
    This. They don't make Overnights big enough for us to go up a size so this has been the only thing that has worked for us.

• My LO is 13months too and just started STTN.  He was soaking through also and waking up so wet!  I cut out the bed time milk and change him into Huggies Overnight (size 4 for him).  He has not soaked through yet!
  • Can you give her the sippy an hr before bedtime, that way it will give her some time to empty before she goes to bed?
  • Our son is 20 months and was waking up wet as well, so we started changing him before we go to bed and so far it's worked out.  Our son goes to bed at 8:30PM and we usually get in bed around 12:30 or 1AM, so we change him before we go to bed.  He is a sound sleeper, so he sleeps right through us changing him.  We use Pampers over night diapers too or Pampers Baby Dry which also helps.
  • For over 3 1/2 years, between 2 kids, I've used nothing but Pampers Baby Dry.  I've tried another brand here and there, but always gone back.  DS recently started soaking through, we went up a size and I keep his night bottle to 3 oz, plus limit any other liquids before bed and he's been good.
  • Hmm, good ideas ladies! A friend mentioned doubling the diapers, too. She's not soaking her sheet though, just her jammies, and will sometimes get her sleep sack bad, too. She's STTN since about 7 months and last time this happened we just went up a size. @michelle615 what's a diaper booster pad?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It's an absorbable extra pad that you can put into diapers. My DD started soaking her jammies and sheets about 6 weeks ago. She normally wears a size 3. We've been putting her in Huggies Overnights size 4 and she hasn't leaked since.
    TTC #1 since May 2010
    9/10 and 1/11 Normal blood work
    2/11 50 mg Clomid = BFN
    4/11 50 mg Clomid = BFN
    5/11 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    6/11 2.5 mg Femara = BFN
    7/11 2.5 mg Femara = BFN
    SA normal and HSG all clear
    11/11 14 HMG shots with HCG trigger = BFN
    12/11 Femara + HMG = BFP!!
  • We always used Baby Dry but recently started using cruisers.. problem solved for us and this lil guy drinks a LOT.  The new Cruisers seem to be even better than the old ones and they were good... and we've stopped using Baby Dry for the post part except for in the day occasionally to use up what we had already.

Totally happy with the Cruisers  I just check his diaper before I goto sleep and if he  needs a change he gets one.. otherwise he is good to go and no more leaks in the middle of the night.
  • We use the Simply Right brand of diapers, and they usualy hold up well. Some nights if we're not paying attention to stopping water before bed he will wet through - he's in this new ice & water phase, it's cold slipper & fun :)
    Sam's club was out of SR brand, so I got Luvs.. BIG MISTAKE! Wet, all over. Every time, even some naps.

Also give it some time, I remember right around a year DS must have had a growth spurt and was leaking at night a lot too. GL!
    Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"