2nd Trimester

Genetic Screening and Gender

I have three friends who have had the genetic screening done at or around the 13 week mark and they all found out the sex of their baby through the blood part of the test. They were all accurate at the u/s a few weeks later. Did any of you find out the sex that way?
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Genetic Screening and Gender

• I had the NIPT done at 10 weeks 2 days since I am 35 and that is how I had found out we are having a boy. 
  • Since NIPTs look at fetal DNA in the mother's bloodstream, as long as there's enough DNA to complete the test, the sex will be accurate.
  • Loading the player...
  • I did. I haven't had a confirmation ultrasound yet though
  • I had the Panorama test done at 11w6d. 15 days later we found out we are having a boy. Our NT scan at 11w6d the tech thought he was a boy. At 20w4d he is definitely a boy. Actually the genetic testing is more accurate then the ultrasound. You can't mix up a XX or XY chromosome but ultrasounds can be unclear.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes.  I also had the Panorama test a couple of days shy of 12 weeks.  Results back two weeks later; subsequently confirmed by ultrasounds.
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
  • sparkles98sparkles98 member
    edited December 2013
    Yes I did the Verifi test and found out the sex around 13 weeks. It was accurate.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes, through the Harmony test at 14 weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Anyone have the test say girl but it was actually a boy?
  • Anyone have the test say girl but it was actually a boy?

It's rare for genetic testing to be wrong about sex. You know that the screening is serious & not just to find out the sex right?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Laurendag said:
    Tweeks23 said:
    I have three friends who have had the genetic screening done at or around the 13 week mark and they all found out the sex of their baby through the blood part of the test. They were all accurate at the u/s a few weeks later. Did any of you find out the sex that way?

This makes me feel like you don't need the test, and that you're asking because you want the test just to find out the sex. And if this is the case then that is not only not what the test is for but it is not a good idea. That test is meant to test for genetic abnormalities.

And unless you need the test I can't see your doctor ordering it for you. And even if they do I very highly doubt that your insurance will pay for it in any way.

I already had the Verifi done and I do know what the testing is for and not just the sex. We were going to do the NT Scan but with such high rates of false positives I wanted to do something that was more accurate. My insurance did cover it. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• @tweeks23 : your posts rub me the wrong way. You need to stop & re-evaluate your priorities, stat. Your son is healthy & thriving with no abnormalities.

Rejoice in that vs. try to post after post about how you hope he is a girl. It's dreadfully sad & lacking in awareness that you obviously are not educated on genetic screenings or the NT scan.

Please pull your head out of your ass & count your blessings. Yes, this needed to be said because you keep posting in the hopes to get answers that somehow will change the information you've been given. It's irritating & smacks of being out of touch with what you do have.

No amount of people telling you their experience will change your situation. Seriously you need to get real.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• @christinemdf : remove the flag. Nothing I said violated TOS.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• I had it done because I am over 35 and did find out that we are having a boy (after three girls, my DH is so excited!) and that more importantly, so far all is healthy and no cause for concern.  I haven't had my US yet, but my OB said it is a lock, and that that test is more accurate than the US even.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"