Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby Moaning/Groaning in sleep

So my week old little girl seems to moan/groan in her sleep as she breathes... In the hospital they said it was her way of getting the fluid out of her lungs since she was a C-section baby.  Does/did any of you experience this.  She was 2 weeks early but weighed 8lb 11 oz, so I think she was pretty healthy.  Just curious.. sometimes it scares me because I think its something with her lungs/breathing problem.. but surely the hospital nurses know what they are talking about?

Re: Baby Moaning/Groaning in sleep

• My baby made a ton of creepy noises as a newborn... definitely took me off guard but it was all normal they said. 

• I had a c section and baby girl was 3 weeks early. She definitely makes random noises while sleeping but I assume its normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD sounds like a goat randomly in her sleep, it used to scare me but pedi said its totally normal.
  • Lo has breathing problems that were diagnosed after i mentioned to the pedi at a well child visit something I'd seen in his breathing. As such, i say definitely bring it up to pedi at lo's next appt (I'd record a video for ped to see/hear it), but don't worry about it.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • CDMay2006 said:
    Lo has breathing problems that were diagnosed after i mentioned to the pedi at a well child visit something I'd seen in his breathing. As such, i say definitely bring it up to pedi at lo's next appt (I'd record a video for ped to see/hear it), but don't worry about it.
    Yes.. her first apt is Monday.  I notice when she makes those noises that's when she breathing a lot harder too.. like you can see her chest inhale/exhale.. compared to her normal breathing I've seen as well.  Thanks for your reply... im just a nervous FTM....
  • I agree it's totally normal, my LO grunts, groans, moants, giggles, wimpers... the kid just likes to make noise.
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • We call our LO the teredactyl pirate... You can imagine the noises. Arrrrgh. Noisiest sleeper I know.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Thanks ladies for your replies.  I will definitely ask the Pedi Monday, and in the mean time try not to worry :)
  • Mine grunts and makes noises, last night DH said she was a noisy eater because I was nursing in bed so I could lay down for a bit, bum hurts from sleeping in the recliner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"