January 2013 Moms
Options

Sippy Cup Disaster

DS absolutely refuses a sippy cup. I have 3 different kinds, he hates them all. He just turned 10 months, and at 12 months he is supposed to transition to the 1 year old class in day care, but he has to be totally off the bottle by then. I am worried about not making this deadline.

Do any of you have any tips? I give one to him at every meal. I tried water at first, he hates it. I tried formula, hates it. I found that he likes almond milk, tried that, still hates it. He will drink from an actual glass when I hold it for him, I just think he doesn't like having to suck that hard from the sippy cups. I made the holes bigger too, but still refuses. This is stressing me out! Lol TIA for any tips or tricks!

BTW, this is the same kid who still refuses to eat table food. Stubborn? I think so.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sippy Cup Disaster

• Options
    DS likes the playtex straw cup. I bought him the avent natural cups because he also loves to drink from my cup but he's not quite ready for them. He was soaked in a minute! So I will put those in his stocking and we will try again in a month. Good luck!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DD will only drink water from a straw cup and will only drink her formula from a soft spout sippy. we've finally cracked her code after months of trying. babies are weird!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD still doesn't get it. It took DS a few weeks before he'd drink from a sippy though. I'd just keep trying w every meal.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Options
    C will drink from a cup and straw (like an adult would) but refuses sippy cups. I think we've got 6 or 7 different kinds that he wants nothing to do with.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    DD refused bottles and we have had a heck of a time getting her to take a sippy.  Finally in the last couple days she has started drinking from a straw sippy cup. We just kept offering it with meals and eventually she figured it out.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    We've been offering assorted sippy cups for months to no avail.

Yesterday, we offered a straw for the first time and he drank from it as if he'd been doing it his whole life.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the inputs! Unfortunately we have to use the spout sippy cups because that's what the DC uses and they won't let us use a straw one. It sucks because I didn't know this and had him drinking from a straw sippy like 2 months ago. Ugh, I just hope he figures this out before he turns one so he doesn't get heald back in his DC class. Who knew you could be held back in DC!
  • Options
    BLPL101BLPL101 member
    edited December 2013
    Sippy with straws!!! My DD will be 1 in 2 weeks and hated regular sippy cups. She loves the ones with straws though. We just started using it last week and she's a pro! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

DS would not take a sippy until I took away bottles.  The straw ones were best.

Don't stress about it, they don't need milk to survive.  When he is thirsty he will take the sippy.  Right now he doesn't have to because the bottle keeps him satisfied.

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"