January 2013 Moms

Thoughts on dropping a pump/dropping number of oz. left with little one.

So I have been waking up at 1 am every night for 7 MONTHS!! Ugh....I need to in order to leave enough milk for bottles for DD.  However now that she is (almost) 11 months she takes less milk during the day when I am at work.  Usually between 5-10 oz....her regular is 10 oz though.  I am thinking of dropping my middle of the night pump...which would give me probably about 7 oz for the next day (but if I can't pump at work it would be more like 5 oz) and supplementing with some other milk (whole milk or almond milk - she loves almond milk with lunch). I want to transition her in a month anyway and I would just really like/I NEED some more sleep to survive!!  I feel weird about leaving only 5-7 oz of BM at home when I am away....Also - I only have 15 more days of work util she hits the 1 year mark since I have time off for the holidays and she EBF when I am home...so we are only talking about 15 days, hen at the 1 year point I would definitely feel OK about leaving less milk. What do you ladies think? 

Re: Thoughts on dropping a pump/dropping number of oz. left with little one.

• Thank you ladies! Sorry that I posted and then disappeared...sick baby at home and she is one needy little lady today!!  I am going to try out next week leaving the almond milk as the extra and if she throws a fit I can power through a few more weeks of MOTN pumping sessions....SO SO looking forward to some sleep!! 
  • I dropped the pump. DS still nurses in the morning and that's it. 
    He does have a little formula sometimes too. 
    imageimageimage
    weddingcountdown.com Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • my DD BFs in the am around 7. She gets a bottle from the babysitter at 11 or 12, sometimes 9oz sometimes 6oz, depends on Dds mood. (I pump once at work during the day about 5 oz). Then at night before her bath she BFs. I also pump another 5 ozs when she goes to sleep at 730pm. It's been working well. We've been eating lots of food! I love the idea of coconut milk. I've been giving her some lactose free milk but she doesn't seem too into it.
  • I would definitely drop it! Enjoy your sleep!

I stopped pumping at work when dd turned 11 months. I've been using my freezer stash and if the bag is less than 4 oz I add whole milk to make it up.

We've had no issues at all.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I would drop the pump. I had been pumping before bed in order to make enough for daycare and to practice with at meals. I had run through my freezer stash and finally talked to my ped about it and she said to start WCM at meals and go from there. So I nurse on demand at home and just pump at work now. I no longer have a freezer stash and supplement with WCM if needed and it actually makes me feel better to know DD is getting used to something else so it won't be so drastic once we head toward weaning. It feels so nice to be free of the pump at home!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"