Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

What would you do?

I haven't had my hair cut/highlighted/colored since the last week in May before I returned to work.  My roots are insanely grown out and I've been getting by with it looking somewhat ombre but I was very excited to make a change this weekend and get it dyed a coppery red shade (think Christina Hendricks - Joan from Mad Men) and getting it cut into a long bob.  Well, I just got a call for an interview next week.  It's a professional position (not to say redheads can't be professionals) so I don't know if I should go ahead with the dye job this weekend or wait and just wear my hair in a bun for the interview.  Or go ahead with the dye job but still wear my hair in a bun?

You would think I'd know the answer to my own question since I've worked in HR for 6 years but while I would look at my new hair as a "wow she must be confident and self-assured" I don't know how others would look at it.  What would you do????

Re: What would you do?

• Options
    Do you have any clue about the company's culture? If it's a very relaxed place then I might go ahead. But if you're not sure, I would err on the side of being more conservative and wearing my hair in a bun.

But what do I know, I'm a conservative engineer who's never colored her hair enough for any one but myself to notice :-)
  • Options
    Does red look good on you? If it suits you, then go for it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Take your wardrobe into consideration. I did exactly what you're thinking about doing (minus the bob) only to discover that blondes and redheads actually need really different wardrobe colors. I wear a lot of blues and blacks when blonde but I switched to olive, off white and brown when red. Also, red has to be retouched a lot and it will look a bit different the second and third times you get it done. It's a lot of fun though, and my husband loved it (may be the reason we have DD....!)
  • Options

I don't think I'd ever want to work for a company that doesn't hire someone because they are a red-head!  If they don't hire based on your skills, experience and your personality then it can't be a worthwhile company to work for!!

Obviously, dress professionally and perhaps refrain from dying it red from a Halloween hair dye box. 

• Options
    I think if you're doing a natural shade of red, then go for it. But if it's an unnatural red, then I'd say wait to see what kind of environment you'll be working in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"