February 2014 Moms

Ladies with HG

Have any of you failed your one hour glucose test? The dr said because of all the throwing up and not eating much I shouldn't have failed the test. So now we go to the three hour test and see where to go from there. So I was just wondering what your drs have said and if your tests were ok. Thanks so much.

Re: Ladies with HG

• Yep.  And I failed the 3 hr too.  Even crazier is that all of my glucose readings since I got the diagnosis have been normal or low blood sugar.  My endocrinologist seems to think that perhaps for me... my thyroid (which is extremely out of balance) led to the HG and is also throwing off the GD test b/c even when I splurge and eat something super sugary- its not that high at all.  Basically, we are thinking it was a false positive on the GD but we are going to err on the side of caution and I will try to watch my diet and keep checking my sugars.  Also, she pointed out that for someone who has basically not been able to keep much food down for months, it would be pretty hard to expect your body to suddenly be able to effectively process the amount of glucose in that drink.  So basically, she still thinks the test is worthwhile but that certain other factors may certainly influence the outcome.   

• No. I got sick from the test, but didn't fail. I'm sorry you have to do the 3 hour test. 
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @mamajop yes check and let us know.
    @slwprincess I wonder if mine is off too. I was just so suprised they said I failed because my dr said he was so sure I wouldn't because with HG it's usually low. But I guess all that factors in like you said and our bodies say what the heck is all this sugar and causes it to spike.
    @winnieella I'm glad you passed, but sucks you got sick
  • @mamajop @bribbon did you guys find out your results? I went for my three hour glucose test today couldn't finish the drink and threw it all up :( my dr said maybe we can just do a blood draw for an A1C and hopefully not try the glucose test again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"