July 2014 Moms

Cold?

Hi there, recently found out I am pregnant. I am 6w5d. Haven't had many symptoms (up until today now feel horrible), but I have been super cold off and on. I'm talking totally bundled (tshirt, long sleeve, sweater, hoodie, blanket).... Anyone else feeling this way? Is this a bad sign?

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • I am always cold, pregnant or not! But don't worry it will change to overwhelming heat soon enough! At least mine did last time.

BabyFruit Ticker

• It's freezing here on east coast so it's hard to tell if it's me or the weather!
  • Totally normal! Gotta thank your hormones for that! I have experienced this with my first pregnancy and now with this one! It goes away but I found it came back after baby was born again with all the hormone changes happened!
  • I am always cold, so I am looking forward to the internal furnace kicking I for our cold Michigan winter!
  • I froze from week 5 to 7. It was awful. It's starting to go away though!
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• BBColt78 said:

I froze from week 5 to 7. It was awful. It's starting to go away though!

I am halfway through week 7 and froze the last two weeks as well! It is starting to go away for me, too, but for a while it was so bad that I was drinking hot water constantly and wearing a winter coat in the house!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Thanks for the responses! Glad to know there are other people in the same boat and that it is a normal symptom.
  • Wow I just figured it was because it was the middle of winter but I've been freezing for the last two weeks which is strange because I thought for sure I would self combust with my first pregnancy.
  • Being cold all the time can be a sign of low iron levels, it can also just be a sign of being hormonal and pregnant during the winter.  

Personally, I yo-yo between being too warm and too cold.  Gotta love those hormones.

• I wish mine would go away - I'm at week 8 and still cold most of the time.  The Hus has been sitting around in a tshirt and shorts while I'm in a sweatshirt, under a blanket, under a puppy.  Apparently it was 76 in our house at the time but I was still cold. 
  • I experience the chills 90% of the time and then randomly I'll have a hot flash. With my first, I do not remember having hot flashes ever so this is new and not fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"