TTC after 35

Anyone in NYC area

I'm not exactly new to NYC (live in Midtown), but I still find it after several years, incredibly hard to make new friends!
I really don't have anyone to ask (besides Yelp!) to recommend a good OB/GYN in the area.  My dr. gave me one but her reviews 
weren't that great online.  I need the type of doc with a good bedside manner, as I had a m/c 1.5 years ago and my dr. at that time was very harsh.

A bit about me -- 41 (yikes- that sounds old but I don't feel it-- time goes too fast!!), engaged, work in Finance with a bunch of unfriendly people.  :)
I appreciate any recs or advice anyone can give me.  Thanks and good luck to all!

Re: Anyone in NYC area

• Hi!  Welcome to the board!  I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago…I XP on PG35+…Here are the recommendations that a few ladies gave:

*Hey there...
    I'm a Westchester girl. I have an RE from NY Presbyterian @ Cornell - Dr. Rony Elias. He's amazing and I just got my BFP yesterday. I have seen him in Westchester for monitoring appointments in the mornings. He travels down to York & 70th St certain days. There are a bunch of REs at Cornell. I've been very impressed with everyone there. Good luck! 

*RE - Dr. Sami David. He is a bit unorthodox, doesn't accept insurance, and doesn't do IVF, but I was incredibly impressed with him. He figured out what was going on with me and within 3 months, I was pregnant, completely naturally.

OB - Dr. Maldonado at Spring Ob/Gyn was my practice when for many years as my gyno and then for my first child. I was loathe to leave them,but my insurance changed.

I never used Downtown Women for Ob purposes, but I did like them for Gyn visits and friends had good experiences there. 

Both practices deliver at NYU.

Good Luck!  Finding a good doctor that you connect with is really hard but so important.
    ~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Hi, I am in NY, have lived in NYC for the most part of my life, just moved to Westchester last year.  I go to Columbia for my inferility treatment, I think they are okay and I did get a BFP from IUI but ended in a miscarriage.  If I need to move on to IVF, I may switch, overall people had a lot of good things to say about Conrnell.  When I lived in the city, my OB is Kevin Jovonvic, he is a young doc and very nice and he is affiliated with Lenox Hill.

On another note, hang in there, NYC is a tough place to meet people.  I am also in Finance, I am a CPA works for a wall street brokerage firm.  People can be difficult in our field, but I am pretty lucky I like my boss.  Welcome to the board!

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you both soooo much!  I really appreciate the advice and the recs. I will see which of these doctors take my insurance.
    And thank you jchow for the helpful advice on NYC.  I am glad you like your boss..that is very important!  I was on Wall Street for a few years..now in Midtown.  Luckily I must say that though not very friendly, the people are nicer at my new firm!
    Always focus on the positive...right?  :)

Thanks so much and best of luck to you guys!
  • I am not in ny, but nj, but I have heard people mentioning going to Cornell...

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• I can't say enough nice things about Dr. Fong @ the Weill Cornell office location in Tribeca. She was my OB, recommended the RE we used, and now I am back to her with a BFP. She is seriously a sweetheart.
  • I absolutely love Dr. Stephanie Lam ... she's so wonderful w/bedside manner, understanding, caring, etc. Office is on 22nd street and 1st Ave and she's affiliated with Beth Israel. 
  • You guys are all the best.  Thank you SO much for these recs and 3 of them take my insurance...Yay!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"