TTC after 35

intro-I'm old, with losses and kids

Well, I had a loss and kids BEFORE I was old haha : )

I'm going to be ttc after I heal from the m/c I had last week. I'm also 42, that was my 8th pregnancy. I had a m/c 22 years ago, 5 kiddos ages 20-10, and 2 m/c's this year, both around 10 weeks. Dh and I both really want one more-and I don't know ANYONE in my age range irl who is trying for that!

I got pregnant both times this year after 2 cycles-using OPKs for cycle 2. So I'm hoping for that again but I'll prob go right to opks. My clock is ticking so loudly especially with the losses...I feel I have no time to waste.

Just looking to connect and suppport with other ladies like me who WANT this at midlife : ) since I'm the only one I know in real life.

Re: intro-I'm old, with losses and kids

• You have come to a great board! The women here are so lovely, accepting and friendly! Welcome - and we hope you don't stay long! ;)

Sarah, 38 | Nathan, 40 | Maxine b. 11/2014 | TTC #2

• Welcome...I had my first at 39...:) now ttc #2 at 41 ...two losses this yr:(...welcome! I'm newbie too...hope your stay is short...
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!!  I hope you find a good home here on this board but your stay is short. :)  I'm so sorry for your losses.  That is a lot to handle over the course of a year.

I hope this isn't insensitive to ask right out of the gate but have you discussed anything with your doctor as to why you m/c?  You have such a strong history of healthy pregnancies…could there be something that has changed (hormonally, etc...) that is preventing you from getting through the 1st tri?  If your youngest is 10 then you were 31-32 during that pregnancy…things could be very different with your body now.  If you haven't had some basic blood work done it might be a comforting thing for you to do - just to check that everything is working the way it should be.

Again, I hope that didn't seem insensitive - not my intention at all. I wish you the best of luck.  Keep us posted!!
    ~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

•  No, it's a good question @CheezeFace !  I actually did have a RPL panel run last week and got results yesterday-supposedly normal. So I'm having to assume that there were chromosonal issues with the babies. I didn't have any testing after the m/c's because you have to have a d&c to be able to do that, and I m/c at home.

Dh and I were just talking about this today, how weird it is after all our healthy pregnancies.
  • An RPL panel is good information!  And so happy to hear that it is normal.  

Good luck!!  Keep us posted as things move along for you :)

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Hi and Welcome!  I just discovered this board last week and I'm glad you're getting good advice/support here.  I often wondered for myself what Cheezeface asked you.
    Good you had tests run.
    You are not old..hee-hee.  But I guess in the TTC world, we are.  I am the same age as you and had a m/c 1.5 years ago at 7 weeks. Recently thinking of trying again now..as my friend says, get started now- there might not be time left!  Not comforting for me to hear but I have been a bit scared of trying again.  Though I will.  I just have to trust that whatever is meant to be, will be.

Sorry I really don't have any advice or anything to say.  and I am very sorry for your losses.   I do know there is lots of hope and I hope you get the BFP very soon.   For some reason it is good to 'talk' with someone of the same age on here.. The support helps us all.

GOOD LUCK to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"