1st Trimester
Options

Stomach Ache in early pregnancy??

Hi Moms!
This is my second pregnancy, and I do not remember this symptom.... I have the same back aches that I had with my LO, but the stomach aches I have had for the past 2 weeks (i'm only 5 weeks along) are nothing like the typical abdominal pain/nauseau.  I wake up with a stomach ache, and have it all the way until I go to bed.  I cannot eat most of the time, and then when I do, my stomach hurts even more.
It's so strange, and like I said, I haven't experienced this before, so was just wondering if anyone else has, and if so, what can I do to help with it?
Thank you for your help! :)

Re: Stomach Ache in early pregnancy??

• Options
    Hi, this is just starting for me too, although I'm nearly eleven weeks. I wake up with it and anything I eat makes it worse. Not sure why it's happening but I guess it's something we have to deal with :)
  • Options
    I hope so! I was just a little concerned that it may not be normal, and I don't have an appointment with my midwive for 4 more weeks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds terrible. Question, have you been constipated lately? I was constipated for a while and I would have a stomach ache (similar to cramping). Or could it be gas?
    I hope you feel better!
  • Options
    When I am constipated that has been giving me bad stomach aches. It could possibly be that. Drinking lots of water helps a lot! Feel better soon!

• Options
    A bowl of Raisin Nut Bran always helps keep me regular.  It has helped me so much in my last pregnancy and this one. 
  • Options
    ChanBSChanBS member
    edited December 2013
    I've been having stomach aches as well. No nausea or morning sickness whatsoever...just stomach aches. And my BMs are pretty regular and normal. If they get too bad I just take pepto bismol. But so far I've only taken it once.
  • Options
    I have been having bad gas pains for 2.5 weeks...I have found that if I drink peppermint tea with my meal its less, also ginger chewy candy seems to help as well.  If it gets really bad you can use Mylanta or milacon, I think i read somewhere not to use pepto bismol
    <<a href="http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"