March 2013 Moms

Standing up = no sleep

My dd usually sleeps from 7:30/8 to 6/6:30 has found a new trick.  Last night she decided to stand up instead of sleeping.  She has really mastered pulling herself up which is a good thing but was not good last night.  She was up until 2 am.  We tried everything to get her to sleep but she was not having it.  As soon as we put her down or walked out of the room (the floor creaks by her door) she popped back up.  Normally, if she woke up during the night she would fall back to sleep because she was laying down but you can't fall asleep standing up.  I hope this was just a fluke last night because it was not fun.  We tried everything last night, patting her butt, doing the "shh" noise over the monitor, holding her, letting her cry, gave her a bottle, you name it we tried it.

Is anyone else going through this? What can I do if it keeps happening?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Standing up = no sleep

• You're not alone!  We've been dealing with this too so I don't have any real advice.  DD figured out how to stand up in her crib a couple weeks ago and when she wakes up, the first thing she does is crawl to the side of her crib and pull up.  It was tough in the beginning because she didn't know how to sit back down so she'd stand there and cry.  Now that the novelty has worn off a little bit and she can sit herself back down without bumping her head, things are better.  She just lays herself back down and goes to sleep. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It is so weird because when she pulls up normally she has no problem going back to her butt. I don't know why she wont do it in there.  Hopefully, this won't take to long.  

• Loading the player...
  • DS has been doing this for awhile.  Like earlier post, the novelty has worn off a bit.  DS actually gets up and starts jumping up and down in his crib.  I used to go in and try to get him back to sleep, but then stopped.  Now I just let him fall back asleep on his own, but that took a several weeks before he was able to do that.  Hopefully your LO won't want to play like mine did during some of those weeks.  Nothing like playtime at 3am to really screw up your sleep schedule. 

Good luck to you!  Hopefully it won't last too long.

;

• It only lasted a couple of weeks for us then everything went back to normal. Good luck!!
  • ugh the worst. same as pp. we also had a random 3;30 am party last night. a bottle and cuddle put an end to that. hopefully she doesn't think that that will happen every night! :-s
  • it has been hit or miss. Hopefully, it wears off quickly!

• DS started pulling himself up in his crib- and chewing on the top rail. Giant, gnawed teeth marks all over the top rail (of his nice- but stupid- $500 crib that DH demanded)... Don't know if this happens during his 3am wake up parties or in the morning... Awesome.

imageimageimage
  • Jbunny100 said:

DS actually gets up and starts jumping up and down in his crib. 

Ditto this! He sleeps directly above our room upstairs. Sounds like a pack of elephants when he jumps!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"