North Dakota Babies
Options

Moving to Bismarck area, need opinions please!

Which is better:  MedCenter or St. Alexius for giving birth (my insurance accepts both)? Plus, any recommendations on an OB in Bismarck?  Pediatricians?  Thanks so much for any comments/help/suggestions!

Re: Moving to Bismarck area, need opinions please!

• Options
    St. A.'s all the way!  Not sure what they're OB department is like, but when FIL had is open heart surgery last year at St. A.'s, they were awesome.  Every doctor and nurse loved what they do and truly wanted to be there.  I would never give MedCenter One a thought.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have two sisters both gave birth twice at St. A's and they both had positive experiences each time. I also went through some infertility issues and went through St. A's (before we moved away). Dr. Bury is absolutly amazing as an OB-GYN.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageCoreykae:
    I have two sisters both gave birth twice at St. A's and they both had positive experiences each time. I also went through some infertility issues and went through St. A's (before we moved away). Dr. Bury is absolutly amazing as an OB-GYN.

Thanks.  Good to hear good things about Dr. Bury...I was looking into that practice (and St. A's) as my choice!  

Now, anyone with pediatrician recommendations? Big Smile

• Options

St. A's!!  I moved here this past summer and my neighbors (all with small children) recommended St. A's and Dr. Jan Bury at Mid Dakota Clinic. Im currently 14 weeks and havent been disappointed yet! They are great!

• Options

St. A's here.  Dr. Jan is OK.  We had complications with our first and those weren't handled well but unsure if that her direction or if the L&D nurses were not relaying information through the day to her.  The other thing is her nurses in her office appear to not consult her when you call in with questions, because she is so busy.  We're going back to her for this one because I am much more in control of my health this time around.  If its a first baby, I would really suggest trying one of the newer OBs there, they will have more time for you.  You get in late to many of her appointments or end up with Anne (who is fabulous but its nice to have your OB doing the check and answering questions).

As far peds, we love Dr. Jumping Eagle.  She's getting busy now too, but she's great. 

• Options

I am 22 weeks pregnant and go to Medcenter One... Dr Danielson... he is excellent.. and I have always used Medcenter over St A's... Bismarck is a smaller community so there really isn't much of a difference between the hospitals... very different than if you lived in a big city like Chicago.

Good luck with your pregnancy!

• Options
    We are using St. A's and I go to Dr. Rhonda Schafer-McLean. I really like her and she definitely does everything she can to help, answer questions, and makes you feel comfortable. I worked at Sanford for a very short time. I don't have any complaints with them we just chose to go to St. A's. One thing I did hear was a big difference and I may be wrong but....St. A's you deliver in one room then later get transfered to another room. At Sanford (previously MedCenter One) you deliver and stay in one room the whole time. Just food for thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"