Success after IF

Pap test results and Fet questions

So, super great news.  My pap tests came back normal.  A big thank goodness to that!  But, now I'm faced with a whole lot of decisions regarding if I should rush to do a FET.  My doctor never said to put off doing one, but the doctor who is filling in for him while he is on medical leave told me while doing my pap that he felt I should wait until I've had TWO YEARS of clean pap tests before trying to become pregnant again.  What the what?  I almost fell off the table.  Assuming I even got to the point of having two years of normal paps (having one every six months, this one counting as the first) that would put me at almost 44 at the time I could even begin to think about doing a FET and then let's say I got pregnant I'd be 45 most likely at the time of delivery.  OMG.

Assuming I get the go ahead from my doc to do a FET what typically do I need to get re-done.  I just had Maren a year ago so do you think my RE will assume everything is in good working order, meaning I won't need another hysteroscopy?  I haven't see the RE who would do the FET since I did the IVF which was way back in 2008.

I'm relieved and yet super nervous all at the same time.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

Re: Pap test results and Fet questions

• I don't have any answer, but YAY for clean results. I'm so happy for you, and so proud of you for getting in there and getting it done.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Yay for clean pap results! I think the RE will want to re-do tests since someone has been living there. I think two years is extreme, but I see why they would want to be cautious. High five!
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Loading the player...
  • Woohoooooooo!!! Congratulations on your normal pap! I hope you can start your FET soon. :)
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Yay! So happy your pap came back good. I don't have any advice on when to do the FET. Can you get an opinion from your RE? A friend of mine had twins at 45 and my step MIL had her 5th baby at 45.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• So happy that about your pap results - great news!!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• So glad you got great results! The two years thing sounds kinda crazy. No advice there except to definitely seek a second opinion.
    MF (low motility) - Began stims for IVF#1 7/21/12
    ER 8/2/12 - 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature and ICSI'd, 6 fertilized. ET 8/7 - 2 embies. Beta#1 8/17: 143! Beta#2 8/20: 590! Beta#3 8/22: 1,162! 1st US 9/4: one beautiful little bean with the best sounding HB I've ever heard!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• luvbostonluvboston member
    edited November 2013
    I don't think you should wait but ask your re. You will need b/w and an u/s
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• I feel like the doc who said to wait 2 years was not an expert in IF. I agree with @mrsamydylan that you will likely need another HSG. I did post PG.
  • I'm so happy to read the pap came back normal.

I wouldn't want to wait 2 yrs, but might wait 6 mo so you have 2 clear paps. GL!
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • My MIL popped one out at 45 no problemo .... I say go for it ;)  

BAHA.  

No, but seriously, I'm glad your pap came back good to go.  I would call the RE and get their opinion on things.  They would know better than Carlson.  
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Yay for good results! No advice, but hoping you can get things going sooner than later!
    Me 37 DH 40 TTC since 1/11 DOR AMH .34 DH S/A Great BFP 12/11! MC 1/12 IUI #1 2/12 BFN. IUI #2 3/12 BFN. IUI #3 4/12 BFN IVF #1 5/12 BFP! DD 2/13/12
  • I don't know what your abnormal pap results were before the good one, but that sounds like crap to me. There is no need to have a normal pap before getting pregnant. Now, if its very abnormal they may do more testing but pap changes occur so slowly that even if it were something really bad they can delay treatment until the pregnancy is over. And an abnormal pap will not effect the pregnancy at all. Follow your heart for timing. 
    TTC since 1/2008
    BFP 7/2009 m/c
    BFP 9/2009 m/c
    Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
    IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
    IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
    DD born 10/2012
    FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
    IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
    FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
    B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d

• dmhrn13 said:
    I don't know what your abnormal pap results were before the good one, but that sounds like crap to me. There is no need to have a normal pap before getting pregnant. Now, if its very abnormal they may do more testing but pap changes occur so slowly that even if it were something really bad they can delay treatment until the pregnancy is over. And an abnormal pap will not effect the pregnancy at all. Follow your heart for timing. 

I think the issue was how quickly my results went from normal (at the beginning of my last pregnancy in April, 2012) to being stage zero cervical cancer a mere 10 months later.  I know that typically changes occur quite slowly but apparently not so in my case.  That, or quite a few of my previous pap tests were false negatives both for the test itself and the HPV portion of the test.  So, I get the doctor's fear that another pregnancy will weaken my immune system again putting my at a higher risk to have quicker cervical changes again, possibly leading to actual cancer, but I also am not certain how waiting two years will ever change that. 

Right now I think I'm leaning towards possibly having one more pap test done in May and then, assuming that is good, having a FET done sometime over the summer.  But, I'm still not certain.  I may decide to push forward with the FET in the spring.  My dh and and I will try and decide after the New Year.  There's just so much going on right now it's hard to wrap my head around possibly having another baby!

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"