Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

House setup...HELP!!

Hello. We have a 6 month old and just found out that we are expecting again. Our son will be 14 months when our new baby arrives. Problem is... Our house has 2 bedrooms upstairs and 1 on the lower level.. My husband and I have been discussing out options... I don't wanna out the mobile toddler downstairs and he doesn't want to put the new baby downstairs, the downstairs room is not an option for our room and we will not have either child in our room... Opinions on which baby should be in the downstairs room or 2 babies in the same room?!

Re: House setup...HELP!!

• Options
    Share a room and leave the downstairs for a bedroom
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Put them both in the same room and keep the lower bedroom as a guest room.
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have this same setup.  Our room is on the main floor and the kids are upstairs.  I really like this set up because we have some privacy. Also, we feel safer knowing the kids are above us instead of the other way around (burglers, etc.) I had the babies room with us for 2-3 months and then when they were pretty much STTN or up once, I would move them upstairs.  It wasn't that big of a deal to go upstairs once or twice a night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I personally would have baby #2 in your room until they are sleeping better at night and then move them in with LO #1.  If that is not an option at all, I would put #1 downstairs.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I would seriously rethink not having the baby in your room.
  • Options
    Nechie122Nechie122 member
    edited November 2013
    I'd have the two share a room from the time the little one is 4-5 months old (or STTN) until the older one is about 5, and then move him downstairs (unless he wants to keep sharing.) Before that, I'd do baby in your room.

He may not be wandering the house at 14 months but I can tell you that by 2, they can jump out of the crib and once you convert to a toddler bed, all bets are off. My toddler has shown up naked at our bed at 3am so they really are unpredictable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We only have two bedrooms so they will be sharing. DD will be 18 months when LO2 arrives. However, We will keep LO2 in our bedroom 6-8months as we did with DD. I highly suggest sharing a room with the new baby, much more convenient and it reduces the risk of SIDS.
  • Options
    We have this same setup.  Our room is on the main floor and the kids are upstairs.  I really like this set up because we have some privacy. Also, we feel safer knowing the kids are above us instead of the other way around (burglers, etc.) I had the babies room with us for 2-3 months and then when they were pretty much STTN or up once, I would move them upstairs.  It wasn't that big of a deal to go upstairs once or twice a night.
    This is us too.  I also LOVE that we can be loud downstairs and the kids can sleep.  It's the best!  I thought I would hate it when we moved in but now I love this set up.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    If you want to run downstairs to baby, put them in the downstairs. But if your kitchen and everything else is right there, baby may be woken up more. If the toddler is still in a crib, maybe downstairs for them instead since they will need you less, but still in a crib and not able to wander around without you hearing just yet?

Married 2005, DS: 2006, DD: 2008 EDD: 4/16/14- IT'S A GIRL! Scarlett Jean
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"