March 2013 Moms
Options

What are the US bumpies making for thanksgiving this year?

I'm getting five minutes of baby free time now that DH is home and we ate dinner but I spent all day trying to make ONE pie!!! (It's done)

It didn't help that I started out with a messy kitchen. But it used to be I spent all day making two pies and three side dishes. Good thing I only committed myself to two pies this year!

What about ya'll? Anyone else with enough foolish pride to pitch in on the cooking for Thursday's holiday?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are the US bumpies making for thanksgiving this year?

• Options

We host Thanksgiving and usually I make and turkey, multiple sides, and a couple pies.  This year Publix is making our Thanksgiving, dressing, potatoes, and gravy.  I know it's cheating, but otherwise we probably wouldn't eat until Saturday.  I am making 1 pie and some green beans.  Hopefully my pie won't take all day like PP, but that all depends on DS.

;

• Options
    I always make a banana cream pie from scratch. This year knowing that probably wouldn't happen I bought one from a fund raiser.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a vegetarian so I always make a veggie side dish to share. This year I'm doing quinoa with pine nuts and raisins. I am excited for mashed potatoes and pie! My aunt makes a fantastic pecan pie. I can't even imagine trying to host it this year, cleaning has turned into a low priority for me.
  • Options
    I'm making pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies. Usually I'm much more involved in the food making process, but this year I got the 'you've got the baby' thing.

I've been working in steps to get 'em done today...think it'll take most of the day....DS is not feeling the baking spirit, despite the cheery Christmas music;)
  • Options
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that my pies are apple and pumpkin. I finished the other without as much trouble as yesterday but it was half done cause I prepped th filling yesterday!

Kudos to everyone who got some cooking done! It's not easy.
  • Options
    I found out on Monday that we would be hosting DH's family this year.  Nothing like short notice! MIL brought several side dishes, and helped cook at our house too, so that helped.  But cooking Thanksgiving for the first time and hosting was stressful enough, trying to do it with a baby running around was a task!  We did it though, and everything was great.  I actually kind of liked hosting (gasp! did I say that??)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"