September 2013 Moms

UO Thanksgiving Thursday

Happy Thanksgiving ladies! I hope everyone enjoys the holiday with their families!
And that being said, feel free to get spicy because I have in-laws to visit. :P

My unpopular opinions:
1. I don't overeat on Thanksgiving because I only like half the stuff on the table. I hate stuffing, green bean casserole, and canned yams. I do like turkey and mashed potatoes and bread rolls, and my mom's homemade cranberry sauce. But I'm more likely to eat too much on a regular Tuesday night when we go out for Mexican or Thai or something.

2. I HATE the term "neck cheese." Who decided all of that nasty crap in a baby's neck folds should be called cheese? I love cheese! Don't ruin it!

Re: UO Thanksgiving Thursday

• I don't like turkey or gravy.  I'm meh on mashed potatoes and stuffing.  Thanksgiving meals are wasted on me, but I love the desserts.

• Loading the player...
  • I have another (since I'm reading the jennalking/sophie mess, thanks @afwifelife)... I hate the word y'all. I don't find it charming, I find it extremely annoying. And when someone takes the time to type it? Ugh! Why??
  • I'm not looking forward to thanksgiving today...I'm dreading it, especially since I can't eat anything yummy because of Ellie's MSPI...humbug
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DH and I aren't American but our kids are half because they were born here. We don't celebrate typical American Thanksgiving because we don't have family here and we don't have any nostalgia about big turkey dinners in November. However, I wonder if I'm going to screw up my kids because they won't have traditional Thanksgiving memories or stories to share. I already felt a bit guilty when DS came home from preschool with turkey crafts and I had to explain why they made them. We are having a special dinner, just not turkey, later this weekend and enjoying spending 4 days together as a family. American immigrant problems.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I love thanksgiving food!! I wish I could eat it every day. There is this sandwich shop in DC that I go to, has thanksgiving sandwich all year, so delish!

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

• I love when people show attention to my baby. We just got back from my grandmas and I'm pretty sure every one there held her. Even my four yr old cousin. Sure they all had to wash their hands and no face or hand kisses. But I don't mind playing pass the baby:)

@sabrinakurtz Is Ellie your baby's full name? Mine is Elena but we call her Ellie. My grandpa calls her EJ and I HATE it

@HBirdie I think they call it neck cheese cause it smells that way lol
  • I love when people show attention to my baby. We just got back from my grandmas and I'm pretty sure every one there held her. Even my four yr old cousin. Sure they all had to wash their hands and no face or hand kisses. But I don't mind playing pass the baby:) @sabrinakurtz Is Ellie your baby's full name? Mine is Elena but we call her Ellie. My grandpa calls her EJ and I HATE it @HBirdie I think they call it neck cheese cause it smells that way lol
    Well I don't care how it smells, I don't like the term. I like cheese way too much.

And I actually think EJ sounds really cute! haha
  • I don't like baby leg warmers. I don't find them cute at all, and I think it makes their legs look weird
  • I don't like turkey, stuffing, green bean caseral, and yams. There have been many years that I only eat home made mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner.

Unless I am pumping or have to get something done I don't want my husband to take care of our son. I would rather take care of him by myself. I always give him the option to take the baby or do whatever chore that needs to be done, but I always hope that he picks the chore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • @PumpkinMommaaa

No her name is Eliana :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"