Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Ovulation a week late...? Travel delayed?

I'm so sorry for the long post ....

I'm starting to get nervous that my ovulation is messed up this month. We've been TTC for 10 months now. I have a regular 30 day cycle, and I normally ovulate around day 15. TMI sorry, but I always get a lot of EWCM, my cervix is always high/soft/open, and the OPK stick turns positive usually on day 13.

This is the first month I've started charting, and I know I should have started earlier.. but anyway.

I actually started charting day 25 of last cycle, because that was when I bought the thermometer. My temp was around 98.4-98.9 until the first day of this cycle, when it dropped to around 97.4 and has hovered around there ever since. So I figured everything would proceed normally, and after I O'd this month, I would get the rise in BBT and everything would be fine.

Well, it's now day 19 and still no rise in BBT. My husband and I had to take a non-planned trip last week, which included two days of flying and waking up at 3 AM. I'm wondering if this has affected my ovulation?

For the past week (starting around cycle day 12) I've had EWCM and a high/soft/open cervix. We've been DTD every other day, and with my new charting I really expected to see a rise in BBT on Wednesday (Cycle day 16). However, here it is day 19 and still nothing. I still have EWCM, my cervix is still high and open, etc, but the OPK hasn't turned positive yet. I'm afraid something is wrong. Could travel / stress have delayed my ovulation by a week or more?? It seems ovulation is going to happen any day, I'm just nervous as to why it is taking so long. I've never had a delayed or missed period in my life (I'm 26). Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this lol

Re: Ovulation a week late...? Travel delayed?

• Options
    Sorry, I am not sure how to put a link to my chart but I'm trying to figure it out. I'll post it when I do lol
  • Options
    I'm a little confused, you say you always ovulate on Day 15, but you say you just started charting? Charting is the only way to confirm O, If I'm missing something-please correct me. As far as why you haven't O'd yet, the answer is that women are always regular, until they're not. Could be travel stress, could be a host of things. Just hang in there, keep temping, and I'm sure you'll get your temp rise. :)

Yea, sorry you're right that I couldn't confirm O, but always the day or two after my cervix would drop and my CM would dry up. This would be like clockwork every month. This is the first month that I'm still getting all the O signs, so that's why I'm a little confused lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for the long post ....

I'm starting to get nervous that my ovulation is messed up this month. We've been TTC for 10 months now. I have a regular 30 day cycle, and I normally ovulate around day 15. TMI sorry, but I always get a lot of EWCM, my cervix is always high/soft/open, and the OPK stick turns positive usually on day 13.

This is the first month I've started charting, and I know I should have started earlier.. but anyway.

I actually started charting day 25 of last cycle, because that was when I bought the thermometer. My temp was around 98.4-98.9 until the first day of this cycle, when it dropped to around 97.4 and has hovered around there ever since. So I figured everything would proceed normally, and after I O'd this month, I would get the rise in BBT and everything would be fine.

Well, it's now day 19 and still no rise in BBT. My husband and I had to take a non-planned trip last week, which included two days of flying and waking up at 3 AM. I'm wondering if this has affected my ovulation?

For the past week (starting around cycle day 12) I've had EWCM and a high/soft/open cervix. We've been DTD every other day, and with my new charting I really expected to see a rise in BBT on Wednesday (Cycle day 16). However, here it is day 19 and still nothing. I still have EWCM, my cervix is still high and open, etc, but the OPK hasn't turned positive yet. I'm afraid something is wrong. Could travel / stress have delayed my ovulation by a week or more?? It seems ovulation is going to happen any day, I'm just nervous as to why it is taking so long. I've never had a delayed or missed period in my life (I'm 26). Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this lol

To quote a fellow bumpie: Our bodies are not atomic clocks, sometimes our ovaries go couch potato for a bit. Honestly, freaking out this much over one delayed ovulation is a bit ridiculous. It happens. Our bodies are not machines that run on a perfect schedule at all times, so chill out!

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    Thank you, @gscoville. Now I know what is causing my anovulatory cycles. Couch potato ovaries. I will be enrolling them in ovary boot camp, asap. ;-)
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• Options

Thank you, @gscoville. Now I know what is causing my anovulatory cycles. Couch potato ovaries. I will be enrolling them in ovary boot camp, asap. ;-)

I think mine are in a medically induced coma, lol. @lebradford - I wonder what ovary boot camp is like? I have this image of the "sarg" yelling and lazy ovaries begging for a break. "YOU CAN REST IN THE TWO WEEK WAIT SOLIDER! Now OVULATE!" Lol!
    I want it to be like the green toy soldiers from Toy Story. ;-)
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• Options
    I've been like clockwork since I went off the pill last April. Then one month, I O'd way later than usual. It just happens, and looking back, I know it was the stress of my job, and some interviews I was going to. It was very frustrating, but I was surprised at how calm I kept. When this happens, I think the best thing to do is just keep OPK'ing and HIO. I haven't seen your chart yet, so I don't know your specifics, but just wanted to through out my experience. Good Luck!

image image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    tigger99 said:
    To link your chart go inter FF and go to sharing and get code
    Thank you, here is my chart:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/435fe0
  • Options
    Thank you very much for all the answers. I really appreciate them. They've made me feel better. I was just a little concerned because it's never happened before, but now I see it is most likely nothing to worry about. Thank you again. :)
  • Options
    @akaimeridia - I second jconno's inquiry. If you can't see a rise this month you may want to switch to vaginal temping for next cycle. And definitely shoot for right before getting out of bed, same time each day after at least 3 hours of sleep, etc. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    EDD: December 8, 2014
  • Options
    jconno said:
    tigger99 said:
    To link your chart go inter FF and go to sharing and get code
    Thank you, here is my chart:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/435fe0
    Your temps look pretty rocky. Are you a mouth breather? Are you taking your temp around the same time each day after at least 3hrs of sleep?

Yea, every day around 7 AM after a full night's sleep.  However, as I mentioned we took an un-planned trip last week, with two days of waking up at 3 to fly, so I think I got a little messed up then. It probably wasn't the best month to start charting...
  • Options
    There is a VERY good reason I am starting to chart 6 months in advance of TTC.  The body likes throwing curveballs.  To be intimately aware of your rhythms, you have to pay attention for a while.  One or two months just doesn't cut it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    jconno said:
    @akaimeridia I suggest trying vaginal temping. I think it will give you a clearer picture. I don't think the travel affected your chart so much because most of your temps are rocky.
    Thank you, I will try that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"