TTC After a Loss
Options

What's your regional food?

2»

Re: What's your regional food?

• Options

I'll play!

Kind of boring in Manitoba... canola, pork, bison & mushrooms

I actually live really close to the mushroom plant ... upwind, thank goodness!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Funny Confession Ecard: If being in my pajamas by 7pm is wrong, then I don't want to be right.imageimagemarch1

BFP 2013-07-11, EDD 2014-03-04, NMC 2013-07-24

My Ovulation Chart || My Blog

• Options
    Being from San Diego Ca, super close to Mexico, so we have yummy Mexican food!!
    A fav in our house...California burrito if course!!! Steak burrito with French fries and yumminess!!

Me (40) DH (45); Started dating 2-24-12, Married 5-13-13

BFP 3-16-13..EDD 11-17-13.. MMC 4-16-13 Confirmed/D&C 4-23-13...
    BFP #4 6-22-14 EDD 3-6-15 FX for our LO

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmmmm, I'll go with the donut cake (not really a regional thing, but it's made at one place in RI and it is AMAZING).

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13 
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
    BFP #3  8/11/14  EDD 4/22/14
  • Options
    MrsDeo said:
    I can't think of a specific dish (Sonoma County/northern CA). I remember not being able to find avocados very easily when we lived out of state, though. And MH and I were just talking about how much we missed our sourdough then, too. And of course, this is wine country.

I do love Round Table Pizza, and that's specific to California.

On a non-regional note, my mom always puts ketchup in her taco meat, and I do it too (when MH isn't looking). It's not enough to make it taste like ketchup but it's nice and thick and tomato-y.
    Aren't in wine country???  That's something to be known for in my book!

Me 34 DH 31, Together since 2003, Married August 20, 2011,  TTC since May 2013
    BFP #1 August 24, 2013! MMC discovered Oct. 3, 2013, D&C Oct. 4, 2013
    BFP #2 December 17, 2013! MMC discovered Jan. 28, 2014, D&C Jan. 30, 2014
    Testing done: male with complete Trisomy 16, not hereditary. Tested me for clotting disorders, all normal.
    Feb. 2014 all clear again to TTC!  Will start progesterone supplementation with the next BFP just in case.       Oct. 2014 more testing just because, thyroid and autoimmune panels = normal.  Diagnostic U/S = no abnormalities.  Will keep trying for 3-6 more months, doctor still optimistic!

BFP #3 December 11, 2014!  Beta #1 14DPO = 122.4 Beta #2 17DPO = 296.8 Please stick little one and be our Rainbow!

Perfect little heartbeat of 156 seen 1/7/15 :)

***Everybody Welcomed***  :)  

EDD 8/21/2015 Team Green!

IAmPregnant Tickerrainbows                

photo Multiple4_zps436a50cc.jpg photo April3_zps882432ab.jpg August 2 

August 2015 Siggy Challenge: Favorite mean girl from a movie or show:  Kathy Bates in "Misery"

• Options

Hmmmm, I'll go with the donut cake (not really a regional thing, but it's made at one place in RI and it is AMAZING).

Are you taking visitors? This would be worth the trip ;) yum!

• Options
    @laRomana, what is CT known for? Maybe the steamed cheeseburger, YUM! Im originally from MA, and we have the boston cream pie, fluffernutter sandwiches, maple syrup, apples and lobstah.

TTC since 3/2012 
    Started charting 12/2012 
    BFP 2/10/13 - MC 3/4/13 
    BFP 6/23/13 - CP 6/27/13 
    BFP 12/31/13 EDD 9/11/14  **please be our rainbow baby!**

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options

epaprn said:
    @laRomana, what is CT known for? Maybe the steamed cheeseburger, YUM! Im originally from MA, and we have the boston cream pie, fluffernutter sandwiches, maple syrup, apples and lobstah.
    If your from MA then you probably know the Big E right?  So I'm trying to think what's in the CT building......legos???? lol but you can't eat those!  Pez??

Testing done: male with complete Trisomy 16, not hereditary. Tested me for clotting disorders, all normal.
    Feb. 2014 all clear again to TTC!  Will start progesterone supplementation with the next BFP just in case.       Oct. 2014 more testing just because, thyroid and autoimmune panels = normal.  Diagnostic U/S = no abnormalities.  Will keep trying for 3-6 more months, doctor still optimistic!

BFP #3 December 11, 2014!  Beta #1 14DPO = 122.4 Beta #2 17DPO = 296.8 Please stick little one and be our Rainbow!

August 2015 Siggy Challenge: Favorite mean girl from a movie or show:  Kathy Bates in "Misery"

• Options
    I don't know if this is specific to my area, but it's definitely one of my favs: roast pork, broccoli rabe, and sharp provolone image

• Options
    dajhughes said:

AnyMax said:

meladoriestar  Atlanta SHOULD be known for this place:

@anymax yes!!! I lived in the ATL for 4 years and Fat Matt's. Is amazing. Also miss those Georgia peaches.

I am in UT now and we are known for our green jello and funeral potatoes. I am mobile so no PIP but all the others have me hungry now.
    @dajhughes I am so glad someone else has experienced this delicacy! Their BBQ has ruined all other BBQ for me! Plus the atmosphere! The smells, the live band, practically elbow to elbow with complete strangers...

• Options

epaprn said:
    If your from MA then you probably know the Big E right?  So I'm trying to think what's in the CT building......legos???? lol but you can't eat those!  Pez??

Yes, i know the big E very well. The CT building has no good food options! Legos, PEZ, Timex watches, and UCONN Huskies. The MA building was a close second in lameness. Not like the ME baked potato, the RI clam fritters, the VT apple pie with a slice of cheddar and the NH blueberry pie. Sigh. I'm hungry!

TTC since 3/2012 
    Started charting 12/2012 
    BFP 2/10/13 - MC 3/4/13 
    BFP 6/23/13 - CP 6/27/13 

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    lol, yes!  All that and of course maple sugar cotton candy, mmmmmmm. VT is my personal favorite!
    epaprn said:

epaprn said:

Yes, i know the big E very well. The CT building has no good food options! Legos, PEZ, Timex watches, and UCONN Huskies. The MA building was a close second in lameness. Not like the ME baked potato, the RI clam fritters, the VT apple pie with a slice of cheddar and the NH blueberry pie. Sigh. I'm hungry!

• Options

epaprn said:
    I will say Frank Pepe's pizza for CT   :D

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
  • Options
    Are you taking visitors? This would be worth the trip ;) yum!
    Totally worth the trip and the calories (all bazillion of them!)

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
  • Options
    Mmm ... BBQ

TTC since 3/2012 
    Started charting 12/2012 
    BFP 2/10/13 - MC 3/4/13 
    BFP 6/23/13 - CP 6/27/13 

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    @snedge, you're an original Western New Yorker?
  • Options
    jalara48 said:
    jalara48 said:
    Ummm..... yum!

For Nova Scotia I'd say it's lobster, but I hate lobster. And . . . mussels. (bleh!)

So I'll say apples. Nova Scotia provides a lot of apples for Canada.

And wine. We have a lot of wineries here.

umm lobster??? OMG - I'd eat it every single day.

I'm curious what the prices are like in other areas? We can get a couple of fresh lobsters anywhere (seriously, in Halifax local fisherman drive from the traps to the main roads and sell them from refrigerated trucks).  We can have 2/$24 usually.
    I rarely buy whole lobsters. I usually just buy the tails. I bought some last week for 2.99 each. They were on sale, down from 4.99 each.
    Sale price on lobster tails for us is 9.99 each - sometimes 8.99.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Where we moved from:

cheese crisp (tortilla and cheese)

Carna Asada burrito (how I miss all of the Filiberto restaurants!)

Where I am at now:

Country ham - it is amazing how much of the grocery store is dedicated to this stuff! And the salt content is scary!

biscuits
    with chicken

with gravy

and with jam

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    On a side note where I grew up we have beirocks. Oh I miss them.
    And deep fried calazones smothered in sauce

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Options
    libby+natelibby+nate member
    edited December 2013
    Good point @ninthgirl! KC is known for BBQ! I shouldn't have forgotten this since my brother-in-law is a chef up in KC for Potpie (not BBQ but you should try it!!!) and we visit frequently.
    Someone else mentioned it, but we do also have a lot of farm to table mom and pop restaurants/catering companies as well.

• Options
    Those look delicious! I love bagels and lox!!
    I'd say from my area, we are known for soft pretzels and cheesesteaks??!!
    PCOS & ute crew member
    BFP #1: 10/24/2012  EDD 7/3/13, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E 
    DX: Septate Uterus. Septum resection 6/4/13
    BFP #2: 12/20/2013  EDD 9/1/14, missed m/c @ 7weeks, D&E
    BFP #3: 5/26/2014 EDD 2/7/15, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E- DX Trisomy22
    RPL, Karyotyping, and SHG: All Normal
    BFP #4: 9/6/14 EDD 5/16/15 Praying for our RAINBOW!
    Baby GIRL on the way!!
    **All AL Welcome**

• Options
    Those look delicious! I love bagels and lox!!
    I'd say from my area, we are known for soft pretzels and cheesesteaks??!!
    Philadelphia?

• Options

epaprn said:
    I will say Frank Pepe's pizza for CT   :D

Love Frank Pepe's pizza...we have one near us, but its not *quite* as good as the original in New Haven.

TTC since 3/2012 
    Started charting 12/2012 
    BFP 2/10/13 - MC 3/4/13 
    BFP 6/23/13 - CP 6/27/13 

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    So the South is known for:

Where I grew up in South AL we are have a whole fair devoted to the Peanut, which is our main crop. 
    Of course, we love fried anything down here. 
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• Options
    AnyMax said:
    I don't know if this is specific to my area, but it's definitely one of my favs: roast pork, broccoli rabe, and sharp provolone image
    That looks amazing!! I may try that soon...not sure if I can get rabe at this time of year....
    ~All are welcome~
    MC 23/01/2013 natural @ 7 Weeks

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"