Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Postpartum bleeding

How long did this last for everyone?
Mine seemed to be slowed down 2 days ago but now it's started again and it's bright red and dark red at times.

I can't wait for this part to be over

Re: Postpartum bleeding

• It took about 5 weeks for me. Hope you are done soon!
  • I'm 3.5 weeks PP and I just changed to light brown spotting over the last 3 days so I think I am coming to the end.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 2.5 weeks would be wonderful but I'm doubting it
  • Around 7-8 weeks for all 4 of mine. It lessened around ~5-6 week but was still there.
  • I thought I was about finished, and have switched to lightdays at 2 weeks. Then, yesterday I filled up a lightday for the 1st time. But then I also ventured downstairs to do 2 loads of laundry, tidied and cleaned a bit while LO slept. Learned my lesson!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm 12 days post partum, and the past two days have only been discharge. I'm wondering if it will start back up again. With my first I bled for about 3-4 weeks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • At the end of week 3, it was down to light yellowish-brown spotting... but that only lasted a few days, and more blood-like spotting returned.  Now at 4 weeks I'm still spotting, but much less than it was at the beginning, when it felt like I was constantly changing pads. 

Iris born Halloween 2013! 6 lbs, 1 oz, 18 inches long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    March 24bimageimageimage
  • C sectio here, so I'm not sure if that's different. By week 1 I was using panty liners and by week 2.5 I was done. I'm now 3.5 weeks pp and I haven't used abything in a week.

OP, a change to dark red or bright red blood might mean you're doing too much. Take care and rest.

• 3 weeks for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • I bled heavy for the first 2 days and then by 1 week pp it was super light and it was completely gone by 1.5 weeks pp.
  • kim&adam12kim&adam12 member
    edited December 2013
  • kim&adam12kim&adam12 member
    edited December 2013
    Lisadi said:

I thought I was about finished, and have switched to lightdays at 2 weeks. Then, yesterday I filled up a lightday for the 1st time. But then I also ventured downstairs to do 2 loads of laundry, tidied and cleaned a bit while LO slept. Learned my lesson!

This happened to me as well
  • I'm 4 weeks post tomorrow and I'm still having light bleeding. It's slowed down a lot though in the last week so I think it should end soon
  • I stopped bleeding my first day after delivery. The discharge was gone 4 days later.
  • I'm 2 weeks pp and the bleeding has got a lot lighter. I'm hoping for a week or less left. I'll have to see.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"