Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

ultrasound pictures

abbyfulabbyful member
edited November 2013 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
If you had a ultrasound of a living baby before your loss, what did you do with the picture(s)? I stuck mine in a drawer in my jewelry box, I don't know if I will ever be able to throw it away, it will probably sit in a random box of pictures forever...

*siggy warning*
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: ultrasound pictures

• I am keeping them for now. Just in my dresser drawer
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• Printer wasn't working the day we saw the heartbeat. I wish I did have something though because in that moment, it was pure happiness and excitement seeing it on the screen. I like to remember that moment.
    Me: 28 DH: 30 
    TTC-January 2013
    BFP#1--September 2013 (EDD 5/30/2014)--D&C for Missed MC @ 9 weeks 3 days
    BFP#2--August 2014 (EDD 4/30/2015) --hoping this is our rainbow!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm very sorry for your loss, I had several sono's as I did fertility treatments, I had even started a pregnancy journal. This was my first pregnancy and I wasn't ready to let go, as part of the healing process I bought a box that would fit the journal and placed it along with the pictures and a letter I wrote to my baby. I'm not done with this journey and some day I will want those pictures and memories to remind myself just how far I've come.
  • I am in the process (it's taken a few attempts) of journaling on the back of the sonograms. We had a few done (suspicion kept creeping in that this baby wasn't going to stay with us) and I thought I'd have enough space to detail my cravings, feelings, memories of this pregnancy, as well as write little things DS did to interact with "his baby". DH also asked to write down some stories of crazy mood swings or ridiculous pregnant brain moments. Based on how much we all have to say, I'm pretty sure it'll turn into a lengthy letter expressing our love for our bitty. I think I'll store these along with DS's ultrasounds and hospital records... just because I'm not sure where else to put them. I'd like to think I'd do the same with their birth records if they'd made it full term. 

Hope that helps! *hugs*
  • The only ultrasound I had was in the ER so I don't have one. I wish I did. On my dresser is a 7 week sticker I made for belly shots.... I can't. Throw it away
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP 1: 9/19/11 , DS born 5/28/12 @ 41 weeks

BFP 2: 11/8/13, NMC 11/27/13 @ 8w4d, we love you sweet baby!
    BFP 3: 5/16/14 Stick, sweet little one!
  • I had 2 u/s pics from very early one - 5w2d and then 6w2d (when we saw a hb).  They are sitting on top of my fridge right now.  I took them off the fridge when I learned I was miscarrying.  Not really sure what to do with them.  Don't want to get rid of them, and don't want to look at them right now.

photo 547272ca-2f78-4a6c-88ce-0afe6fc98419_zps05f67081.jpg
    BFP#1 9/14/2013  ||  EDD 5/25/2014  ||  mmc discovered on 11/1/2013  ||  d&c on 11/6/2013
    BFP#2 12/8/2014  ||  EDD 8/19/2015 || please be our RAINBOW
    **All Welcome**

• When I was pregnant with my (living) son I had loads (and I'm talking probably about 15) ultrasound pictures! I'm high risk for a medical condition and had 6 scans done and I'd get a few pics at each one. I put them in an album and wrote the date and how many weeks I was. I've had two losses since and had a few pics from each when we saw a heartbeat. I put them in the album with the date and gestation. I also have pictures from my last scan with both losses where there was no heartbeat, but I could still see my babies. I didn't want to throw them away so I added them in, along with the date and gestation I should have been (both were mmc) and wrote it was the day we found out our angels grew their wings. I treasure my scan photo album as it's all I have of my two angel babies aside from pregnancy tests and my maternity notes which I also can't bear to throw away. I'm very sentimental lol

Kieran born 21.1.10

Angel baby 1 lost 18.6.13

Angel baby 2 lost 30.10.13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"