1st Trimester
Options

Spotting - did you call your doctor?

Hey ladies,

I had a tiny bit of brown spotting for the first time this morning. Is it really necessary to call my doctor and go in?

I'm nervous about it, but I know whatever happens is out of my control. Just wondering if you took any steps after spotting.

Happy Thanksgiving :/
BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Spotting - did you call your doctor?

• Options
    As long as you aren't cramping or anything I wouldn't worry too much, I would only worry if you were also having cramps & if it were bright red.
  • Options
    Brown usually means old blood. If there was just a small amount and you have no other signs of an issue, I'd just make a note of it for the next appointment. If it persists, though, and you also start cramping or it turns red, then call.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have light cramping, but it's been like that for 2 weeks. Just mild discomfort really.

I wasn't sure if it was common to go to the doc at the first sight of blood or not.

Thanks ladies!
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    It happened for me weeks 7-9. All good. But, if it makes you feel better call your doctor.
  • Options
    I am 8 weeks and been having the same on and off for 2 weeks, I called and was told to rest and go to GP if got heavy, red or bad cramps...just waiting now for first routine MW appointment so will update after!
  • Options
    I had the same thing happen and called my dr. She sent me for bloodwork and it was fine.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i spotted for 2 weeks from week 6-8 with mild cramping. my doctor wasnt worried.
  • Options
    I had some very light pink spotting this am, I'm about six weeks along. It stopped by afternoon, so I'm going to ride it out and see what happens. As far as I know, a doctor could not do much if it was something more serious, like a miscarriage, besides tell me to rest. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    LadyMacaronLadyMacaron member
    edited December 2013
    I called my doctor right away and came in the next day for an ultrasound. The ultrasound found an SCH (blood clot) of pretty good size and I was put on modified bedrest and pelvic rest. I am glad I called, not only for piece of mind, but so I can do what I need to ensure the bleeding stopped and I could heal. 

I will say though, that if your spotting was brown and not red, then it's old blood. So chances are, you have nothing to worry about.

Favorite TV Mom: Tami Taylor
  • Options
    I spotted at 7 weeks. Totally freaked out since w my Mac I had spotting once all was ok and no heartbeat following week.

I was in Maine this weekend. I went to the bathroom sat evening when I wiped there was some pink on toilet paper. Just that one time and not much.

I will make note and tell Dr when I go in. I have my NT scan on Wed.

This spotting was very different than when I Mmc. That was like a gush.

If you feel better call your Dr. I did at 7 weeks and went in the next day for us and exam. They knew how nervous I was and am.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I've been spotting since I ovulated with the exception of four or five days which has been pretty unnerving. I called my doc and she wanted me in for a blood draws, my last one is tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"