Parenting

Speaking of First Words

What was the first real word your kids said?
Ike was Dad. He Da'd his whole life and it just turned into Dad
Ellie hasn't nailed it yet but she is doing the same thing with mom. Mumumumum. Muuuuuummmmm. It's always when she cries and she might be starting to associate it with me since it gets my attention every time.

Re: Speaking of First Words

• Mama. How cliche.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD said mama first, then dada, then boobs.  
    She's got her priorities in order.
  • Oh yeah. We were both Dad with Ike. So was the guy at the bank, the guy at the grocery store, random dudes on the street. It was kind of hilarious.
  • Oh yeah. We were both Dad with Ike. So was the guy at the bank, the guy at the grocery store, random dudes on the street. It was kind of hilarious.
    There was a brief period where EVERY man was Dada. It was kind of insulting. Cuz there was ONLY one Mama.
  • Ellie has also been babbling "Hi" since she was 2 weeks old. I got a "Hi Mom" at 5 months. She knows how to be cute after being up all night. I'll give her that much.
  • Dada. Then mama. Then uh-oh.
    Uh-oh was a pretty early one for us. Usually after something he did on purpose, like throw food on the ground.
  • Uh oh was first though I'm not sure if that counts as a word.
    Doggy was the first recognizable, in context one.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• DS2 says kee for out cat and mama.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DD said mama, dada, and baby at about 13 months. Then she turned 2 and hasn't stopped talking since...
  • No. It should have been a sign to me that my happy baby was going to turn into a hell of a toddler.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD#1 said Mama. She had been babbling mamamama for a while, but I didn't know she associated it with me until I tried to walk out of her room without taking her out of the crib and she yelled it in anger while staring right at me. Little temper on that one.

DD#2 first word was llama. We were at the zoo.

DD#2 was Dada

Proud Mommy to Kaylie 12-04, Alaina 5-06 & Annalise 6-08 imageimage
  • DD was about 4.5 months I believe when she said Mama. Clearly. I was sitting on the couch w her laying next to me. I was playing with her and she said it. My niece heard her too and was shocked as was I. I was glad to have a witness b/c I didn't even believe it at first. She said it again shortly after too. Now, she talks a lot lol.

• Ugh, I really don't know. Worst mom ever. I just feel like all of the sudden he went from babbling to using a few real words, so I can't think of one specific word. Maybe uh oh? I do remember that he used to call Mickey Nonnie, and I'm kind of sad he says it right now. They change so fast!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Eleventy11Eleventy11 member
    edited November 2013
    @ctgirl30 Don't feel bad. DD said Dada super early. She was 14 freakin months before she said mama. By then she could say the name of my dad, the dog, several of her dolls. She could say bye. I thought I would never hear it!
  • Is it bad that I don't remember? It was probably Hi or Bye. Mom and Dad were ma and da for a long time. I don't remember when she started saying mommy. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Dada. And then chee (cheese). Why cheese before Mama?!

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 
  • Dada, then no
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • LadyXaverianLadyXaverian member
    edited November 2013
    Dada, dog, and hi came around the same time, but I think I recorded "dog" as her official first word. Mama came much, much later after many other words. :(
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• S1: dada (she didn't say momma until like 18mo)
    S2: momma
    S3: truck (he said car and vroom pretty much simultaneously)
    BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • @-auntie- That's too funny...lol What almost made it worse was DD said it for the first time in Wal-Mart!! I had gone in the dressing room to try on some soft pants. When I came out, she's in the buggy with DH. She yells Mama, and I started bawling in the store.
  • Dada of course, then I think tweet-tweet, does that count as a word, lol?
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"