Infertility

Can we talk about Endometriomas for a sec?

We are waiting in the clinic for confirmation that our IVF cycle is getting cancelled and for a preliminary WTF appt with our RE.

It's clear the antagonist protocol we were doing wasn't the one, so that is def going to change next attempt - but we also have noticed that the side with the endometriomas (1 - 27mm and 1 - 17mm) wasn't responding as well as the left at all.

The research seems conflicted. Some REs insist on removing all the cysts and endometriomas before proceeding. Some research shows they don't affect success rates significantly. Others
Advocate aspirating them or doing another lap....

What do you guys know? What is your experience.

Anyone had one aspirated? Did it make a difference?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

Re: Can we talk about Endometriomas for a sec?

• I had a lap in 2012 to remove an endometrioma.  At the time we were on an IUI cycle, and they cancelled my cycle and scheduled me for a lap before we could move forward.  My RE likes to remove them and have things as cleaned out as possible.  Did your partner have a lap in June though?  I wouldn't want to go for another lap so soon, but if aspirating is an option I would ask your RE more about that.  Getting that ovary cleared off might help it's function.  GL!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • Any research I've read says to remove endometriomas, but as for removing the endo lesions, it doesn't make a difference with IVF. So, I'd think that removing them would be helpful.

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • I have an endometrioma, my RE said there is new evidence that suggests they should be left alone.  There is no plan to aspirate or remove it.  It did not impact the # of eggs on that ovary during my IUI's or IVF cycle.  It is fairly large too, I think around 5cm. 

Good luck!
                        imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*
  • I've always heard they can be left and it shouldn't make a difference with IVF.
    Me: 36 - stage 2/3 endometriosis, diminished ovarian reserve (DOR), poor responder
    Hubs: 37 - low morphology
    TTC since 2008

Referred to local RE: 6/22/2010
    HSG + Saline sonogram: 8/13/2010
    IUI #1: BFN 09/2010
    IUI #2: BFN 10/2010
    IUI #3: + acupuncture: BFN 12/26/2010
    Laparoscopy: Diagnosed and cleaned out endometriosis 1/9/2012
    IVF#1 (ICSI): Long Lupron + acupuncture = Cancelled 1/11/2013
    Second opinion phone consult with CCRM: 5/13/2013
    ODWU at CCRM: 6/10/13
    IVF #2 (ICSI): Estrogen Priming Protocol - ER 9/28/2013 = 7 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized (banked and frozen at one cell stage for PGD testing with embies next retrieval)
    IVF #3 (ICSI): Estrogen Priming Protocol - ER 1/10/14 = 8 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized. My 4 from previous cycle were thawed at Day 1 to grow to Day 5 blastocyst phase with my 3 fresh embryos. Only 2 embryos made blastocyst and were biopsied for CCS testing. Both were abnormal. Nothing to transfer from either cycle. Told that I should move onto other options.Grieving loss of any biological children with my genes.

My blog: Dreaming of Dimples

• Manada said:

We are waiting in the clinic for confirmation that our IVF cycle is getting cancelled and for a preliminary WTF appt with our RE.

It's clear the antagonist protocol we were doing wasn't the one, so that is def going to change next attempt - but we also have noticed that the side with the endometriomas (1 - 27mm and 1 - 17mm) wasn't responding as well as the left at all.

The research seems conflicted. Some REs insist on removing all the cysts and endometriomas before proceeding. Some research shows they don't affect success rates significantly. Others
    Advocate aspirating them or doing another lap....

What do you guys know? What is your experience.

Anyone had one aspirated? Did it make a difference?

I am starting IVF first cycle and I have two endometriomas and my doctor is going to remove them before we start with the procedure she said she doesn't want anything getting in the way of a possible healthy pregnancy.
  • badriannebadrianne member
    edited December 2013
    I don't have experience but thought this video was interesting. Especially about the lowered ovarian reserve after removal.  Let us know what you decide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8b6KCxLvTA

• Wow - looks like experiences are also pretty mixed!

We have our fingers crossed that the additional estrogen from the cycle won't make them grow larger (our RE doesn't seem to mind the 3cm one now) --- but they're not ideal for sure.  

Mmm.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"