C-sections
Options

postpartum bleeding

Hi, I gave birth via c/s about 9 weeks ago. I've been experiencing prolonged bleeding with only about 2 brief periods of slowing down. I called my nurse at 5 weeks and she said to call if it continued beyond a week after my call. It stopped and turned to yellow discharge for about 5 days. It started up again a day before my PP visit. They couldn't explain the cause but didn't seem worried. They did an ultrasound and noted a clot which they also did not seem worried about. The bleeding continued and turned to a scanty brown discharge for a few days and it turned to red/pink yesterday. I've had cramping for a little over a week and recently noticed a strong smell. I don't know what to do with holidays approaching. I'M starting to worry about this being an infection. They did not address that possibility. I don't have a fever but what else could it be? What symptoms would warrant an ER visit? Thanks!

Re: postpartum bleeding

• Options
    yellow discharge?

I had red and brown but never yellow.

Did you have an 8 week follow up? Are you breastfeeding?
  • Options
    I've recently had some yellow discharge too. I assumed it was just a lighter variety of spotting but your post has me second guessing. I'm not overly worried since mine is off and on and very light but let us know updates if you contact your doc again. Id assume not ER just call doc unless youhad fever

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd be seen, sure to the smell. Have you taken your temperature? Fever, angel and the cramps would have ne in to be seen right away (only er if the fever was high our accompanied by shaking, chills, etc.).
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    I'm 6 weeks post partum and I've had yellow discharge the last 2 weeks or so but no bleeding after the first 4 weeks. Follow your guts, if you think something is off, demand answers from your doc or go to the er to calm your fears!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"