1st Trimester
Options

5 week 3 days cramping

Hey everyone I am 5 weeks and 3 days. I found out I was pregnant last Sunday(24th) and was confirmed the Tuesday(26th). I have been cramping before I even found out but on Wednesday I woke up went potty and wiped and there was a small amount of red blood and I went again about an hour later and same thing but, that is it since then. I am still concerned since I don't go back in till the 11th for my first ultrasound. I still have pregnacy symptoms infact they are getting worse. This is my first pregnacy and I would hate to loose my bean.

Re: 5 week 3 days cramping

• Options
    Hey! Im 5 weeks too with first pregnancy and still cramping everyday! I made them ultrasound last week as i was in such pain and so worried but turns out to be nothing and got to see the sac.. But thats it. Going in 9th to hear the heart beat im praying so much all is ok im so scared! Ur spotting was probably implantation but if you are worried just contact your doc just for a piece of mind.. All the best to you!
  • Options
    spacepotatoesspacepotatoes member
    edited November 2013
    It wouldn't be implantation bleeding at 5 weeks. Implantation occured a good two weeks prior. You could have remnant spotting from it but it would be brown at this point.

OP, it's hard to say. A little bit of spotting is usually ok but if you're concerned about the red blood and cramping, it wouldn't hurt to give your doctor a call and see if they want you to come in sooner. If the red spotting persists or gets any worse, definitely call them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had really intense cramping throughout my first tri. I also experienced bleeding through about week 16 and it recently came back at week 32. So far I am 33 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl. Never hesitate to call your doctor of you are concerned. I know how scary seeing blood is! Best of luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had a very similar experience. Very severe cramps, woke up in the middle of the night with bright red blood. I went to the hosp, but of course, they couldn't see anything or tell me anything since it was so early in the pregnancy. All turned out well with a healthy baby girl! Good luck
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"