December 2011 Moms

What's up today/this weekend?

What's everyone up to? More Thanksgiving gatherings? Anyone go shopping this morning?

I placed an order at Kohls last night and got some gifts - got DS a play cell phone hoping he'd leave our phones alone. Getting much closer to being done Christmas shopping. DH is working today so there was no way I could go out and be back by 7. I might take DS to Kmart this afternoon, mostly to get out of the house for a while. We are going to the Vikings game in the cities this weekend so we're hitting up Ikea tomorrow. We have a loooong list and not that much cash this time :) Hope everyone had a good day yesterday!

Re: What's up today/this weekend?

• My plans for today got changed when DH decided to switch days at daycare (even though we committed to him being there today two weeks ago) because I was sick on Monday...  Ugh - why is it that guys can't figure out that we have plans weeks in advance!  I was hoping to spend today doing things around here with DD for a "Mommy & DD Day!" that we haven't been able to have in forever...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's so disappointing! Hope you get your girls day soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think having a baby sounds like a great idea! Have you been feeling good?
  • I have not seen those but DH and I were just discussing what to get for DS's books. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled! We only get there a few times a year so I'm really excited!
  • mtb21 said:
    https://www.everyday-organizing.com/2013/07/pinned-it-did-it-ikea-spice-rack.html?m=1 Check out that link, I think it's a super cheap cute & easy DIY project! We rarely make it there either, it's 2.5 hours from us here.

That is awesome! That could even work for the dead space under his window. Genius!
  • We went to a Christmas tree farm and got our tree then I was a crazy person and went to a fleet farm store to get a fireplace screen, it was insane with people, ugh! I'm not going anywhere else for shopping this weekend and think i'll do 95% online if I can. @T DH would be so jealous you're going to the game, he really wanted to go but we decided not to since he's a Bears fan and everyone is hurt, hope you have fun though! @Mtb21 hope that baby comes soon, saying an extra prayer for you :)
    Hope everyone has a fun and not too crazy weekend! Now I'm going to search online for some deals!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Holy cow. This weekend has been expensive and we haven't even gone to the game yet. We got almost everything on our list at Ikea, nothing for DS's books. DH didn't care for the spice rack idea, bummer. We went to Walmart and looked for a couple things that were in the Black Friday ad, everything I wanted was still in stock! No crazy lines to deal with. I'm so excited that I found DS's gifts on sale! I'm just so excited to be almost done Christmas shopping!
  • My MIL was here from Tuesday until yesterday and we also had some friends over for Thanksgiving dinner. We were busy! 
    This morning I spent an hour on the phone with our new health insurance come 01/01, to get everything sorted out set up. I am excited for better coverage soon! DH is playing the last soccer game of the year today and DS is napping, so I am enjoying the last piece of pumpkin pie and some time on the computer. 
    Alex will be 2 in 2 days and we are having a party that night at the park, too. They predict 83 degrees and I hope it will be awesome! It was originally planned for Saturday morning, but the forecast says it will only be around 40 in the morning, so we moved it up to his actual birthday. 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"