August 2013 Moms
Options

4 Month Wakeful

The 4 month wakeful period has hit our house in full swing! LO was sleeping so well, giving us up to 9 hours of sleep. Now, we're lucky to get 3 in a row. It's usually only 2 hours. BTDT moms, how long did LO go through this? I've found some helpful readings, but unfortunately none that tell me how to get out of it ;). Anyone else going through it? LO will be four months old tomorrow (also my b-day:))
Here's an article for those also going through it: https://kellymom.com/parenting/nighttime/4mo-sleep/
(I am a big fan of Kelly mom)

In other news, LO has found his lungs, he has started his happy screaming. Last night at midnight he was all smiles and screaming, while DH and I were struggling to keep one eye open. It's adorable and hilarious... but I'm tired. 

Re: 4 Month Wakeful

• Options
    Been going through this for 2 weeks now....
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm at 2 weeks, going "strong".

• Options

Personally I hate the terms "wakeful period" or the trendy "wonder weeks" or "leaps".

They are babies. I never expected either of my boys to be on a schedule or tried to "figure out" variations in sleeping or eating. I just let them be and follow their lead and cues.

The 4 month wakeful is much easier to get through if you just go with the flow and enjoy those moments in the wee hours. They really do pass by too fast. :). Soon they will be 2.5, sleeping like champs and you kind of miss them!

(I'm a little sappy watching my toddler sleep next to me in this hotel room).

Agree!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this! I have to say I'm almost glad I wasn't teased with a STTN baby .. Once we hit this phase, I won't even be able to tell the difference :-)
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Options
    We aren't even to 4 months and DD changed her sleep pattern. A month ago she slept 5-7 hrs at a time but since her growth spurt we've been waking every 3 hours to eat around the clock. It happens and who knows if she will go back to longer stretches for a while.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
  • Options

We aren't even to 4 months and DD changed her sleep pattern. A month ago she slept 5-7 hrs at a time but since her growth spurt we've been waking every 3 hours to eat around the clock. It happens and who knows if she will go back to longer stretches for a while.

This! Went on for weeks for us and its just now improving! It was rough! It hit LO a little early at 3 months....hoping that's what this was! I've read it can occur anywhere from 3-5 months... But again, it's just another phase. Until the next one!
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this, but at the same time I am glad you posted it. LO was sleeping for about 10 hours. Now she's going about 3 hours and waking up. Good to know she will grow out of it!! Good luck to you all
  • Options
    Wow I am kind of jealous of you mamas with LOs who sleep 10 hours. Mine is up every 2-3 hours every night since birth. But I guess it has prepared me for her 4 month "sleep regression" since she will be 4 months in a week! :)

• Options
    Add me to the list....went from 7-9hrs to 2-3....though tonight we got a 4hr stretch so far...lets hope it holds out

• Options
    When I went back to work at 3 months her sleep patterns REALLY changed, but now at 4 months we're starting to get back on track... So I hope we don't now have another regression.

TTC since July 2011
    HSG normal in May 2012 followed by three unmonitored clomid cycles unsuccessful
    Unexplained female infertility (My husband apparently has super sperm)
    IUI # 1 Nov 24
    BFP Dec 8! EDD Aug 17th, due to Preeclampsia and HELLP, Kylie Penelope was born July 30th!

• Options
    Glad I'm not alone. We went from 10 hrs to waking up at 12 ish and 4 ish, with the occasional 2 am check in.

• Options
    Last night I let LO sleep in bed with me, and while that never means good sleep for mom.. I only fed him twice. He stirred several times but I just snuggled with him for a few seconds and he'd fall right back asleep. 

• Options
    Personally I hate the terms "wakeful period" or the trendy "wonder weeks" or "leaps". They are babies. I never expected either of my boys to be on a schedule or tried to "figure out" variations in sleeping or eating. I just let them be and follow their lead and cues. The 4 month wakeful is much easier to get through if you just go with the flow and enjoy those moments in the wee hours. They really do pass by too fast. :). Soon they will be 2.5, sleeping like champs and you kind of miss them! (I'm a little sappy watching my toddler sleep next to me in this hotel room).
    I tend to agree. The way I look at it - baby sleep doesn't just progressively get better. It has dips and valleys.. sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. We don't know why. But just because your baby sleeps 12 hours at 6 weeks does not mean you're in the clear now. And if they wake up every 3 hours still, they still may turn out to be rock star sleepers. That's how I try to think of it, because otherwise it will drive me nuts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"