March 2014 Moms
Options

Those who haven't given up caffeine. How much do you drink?

2»

Re: Those who haven't given up caffeine. How much do you drink?

• Options
    2-3 sodas a day, or maybe 1-2 if I treat myself to a Starbucks or something. My OB said my caffeine intake was absolutely fine, and it's either the caffeine or copious amounts of Tylenol to combat the headaches.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    One pop/soda/coke a day. Sometimes I splurge and have a second one. I gave up my coffee in the mornings though.

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I looked up the caffeine quantities of all the coffees I drink, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and what I brew at home. So whatever combination I have, I just shoot to keep it under 200 milligrams a day. So far I haven't felt deprived since I often spread it out throughout the day.
  • Options
    I drink an 8 oz regular coffee every morning or I suffer brutal caffeine headaches.

This. I brew espresso an have about 1 to 1 1/2 ounces per cup. The rest is milk and an 1/2 ounce of flavored syrup. I only drink water for the rest of the day, so that's all the caffeine I get.

• Options
    My OB said to keep it under 220mg/day. Which I'm under. I'll have a regular cup of coffee most mornings. If I treat myself to Starbucks, I'll do half caff. I generally do not drink pop, we don't buy it. So it's water or juice the rest of the day!

• Options
    One cup of coffee in the morning and a coke at lunch. The rest of the day is all water. I tried no caffeine during the 1st trimester and had terrible headaches (and was super grumpy) even though I didn't go cold turkey....
  • Options
    I drink about the same amount I drank pre-pregnancy. (I'm of the opinion that almost everything in moderation is fine.) I drink maybe an actual coffee once a month, but several times a week I'll have a cup of black tea.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I eat my caffeine in chocolate form, but I'll brew half decaf/half regular coffee some mornings. I just try to keep it around/under 200 mg.
    @angelsnight - I don't know if you are strictly a Pepsi Max fan or if you also like Coke Zero, but I found caffeine free Coke Zero at Giant a few days ago and it tastes like original Coke Zero so now I drink that every once in a while because I love the taste. I haven't seen it anywhere but Giant and I don't know if it's a regional thing but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case you're interested.
  • Options

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Options
    I have just started drinking coke zero as I did my second GTT test on Friday and I'm fairly sure ill have GD again. I gave up caffeine entirely because just the thought of coffee, Pepsi or coke made me want to vomit during first trimester.
    I might have one or two glasses a day.
  • Options
    I didn't have any coffee (and don't drink soda) the first 12 weeks it made my stomach turn. Pretty easy for me to do too because it was summer and I don't "need" caffeine as much when I can have sunlight. As soon as October hit, I started hitting up the decaf lattes and will make an occasional cup of coffee at home. I probably average about 3 cups a week (coffee or tea), but I'm not a huge caffeine person. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @elliebean14, thanks!  I'm generally a pepsi fan vs coke, but I'll give it a try.  While I don't stress about the caffeine, it would be nice to not drink any. 
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    I drink a very small cup each morning at work. I haven't given it up because I tried to switch to decaf and it sucked.
  • Options
    I don't keep track but I don't drink coffee and I don't have caffeine every single day. Some days I drink a bunch of caffeinated tea but have no idea how much caffeine I'm actually ingesting.
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Options
    I have been drinking one cup a day - really helps with my tension headaches!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"