March 2014 Moms
Options

Name Advice

kelsistalkerkelsistalker member
edited November 2013 in March 2014 Moms
Well, I made a deal with the husband that I now want to break. I told him he could name the baby if it was a boy (I was convinced we would have another girl, dumb I know) lol I just don't like his name. So we have his name Maximilian to which I told him only if we use Anderson (my fav name) as the middle name can we name him that. That way it is a compromise because he doesn't like Anderson......or we both agree on a different name which so far is Lucas Oliver. So....I leave it to a poll....

Name Advice 126 votes

Stick with my original deal and let him choose Maximilian
16% 21 votes
Somewhat stick with the deal and make him compromise on Maximilian Anderson
19% 24 votes
Throw it out and do Lucas Oliver
64% 81 votes

Re: Name Advice

• Options
    AndreabillsAndreabills member
    edited November 2013
    I say that if you made the deal with DH then you should stick with it. Maybe shorten it to Max or something?

ETA: if you like Anderson then bring it up and see if your DH will agree to it since you are giving in on the first name.
  • Options
    I'm just not a fan of the name Maximilian.  It's too much to handle for me lol.  I'd go with Lucas Oliver.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KariB509 said:

I'm just not a fan of the name Maximilian.  It's too much to handle for me lol.  I'd go with Lucas Oliver.

I think that's why I don't like Maximilian too. I can't imagine spelling it in 1st grade either lol

• Options
    If you were having a girl, would you be compelled to change the name after he agreed to let you make the decision and you had a name you loved? Or was it okay because you didn't think you'd have to pay up?

I think you made a deal (which was silly in the first place), and you don't really get to dictate things now. Maximillian is a fine name. Asking for some input on the middle name is okay.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for the advice! I suppose a deal is a deal. We can hope he falls out of love with the name! He has always loved it, no particular reason.
  • Options
    Well, don't make a deal you can't keep, but if both parties to the deal are OK with changing it, I say no harm no foul.

If you and he are happiest with Lucas go for it.

FWIW I like Maximilian fine too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Why not Lucas Maximilian?? Granted Lucas Oliver May sound better, but then you're not totally throwing out the name he wanted. You did make the deal after all....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that you are making a deal on the naming of your child?? I make deals on where we go to dinner or if DH can buy that fancy watch he's been eyeing.... But not on THE NAME OF OUR CHILD... If you have reservations on the first name, and he has reservations on the middle.... Then seems like you both should go back to the drawing board. If you both like the third option, then isn't the answer obvious? Am I missing something here?
    Yes, children are bargining chips :D

Yeah, I find this kind of weird. I don't like the name Maximilian.
  • Options
    Is he considering any other versions of max?

Max is a contender for our little guy.
    My husband liked Maximus and I prefer Maxwell.

Not sure it will stick... but just a thought.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    I much prefer your choice, BUT, I wouldn't renege on your deal. Though I don't think wanting some input, like middle name, nickname, etc, is the same as not sticking to the deal.
  • Options
    I like Maximilian anderson. Max anderson has a nice ring to it. Lucas Oliver sounds like two first names of two separate children. Oliver Lucas however is also nice :)
  • Options
    erind0213 said:

Is he considering any other versions of max?

Max is a contender for our little guy.
    My husband liked Maximus and I prefer Maxwell.

Not sure it will stick... but just a thought.

I actually like maxwell too but he just wants Maximilian, no other form lol. In the end he compromised with DD's name...so I am sure he will come around (I hope anyways). :)

• Options
    bran0915 said:

Why not Lucas Maximilian?? Granted Lucas Oliver May sound better, but then you're not totally throwing out the name he wanted. You did make the deal after all....

I have tried to use Maximilian as a middle name and he wants it as a first. Silly me for thinking we would only have girls hahha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"