Multiples

Excessive Swelling?

Wondering of anyone else has had excessive swelling? My BP is good and blood tests and urine came back ok....but my legs are like trunks (no ankles and swollen knees) and today I went for NST and the nurse made a comment about how my belly had some edema too...my doc said that they would get the show on the road next wk at 37 weeks but this swelling is almost unbearable....did this happen to anyone else?

Re: Excessive Swelling?

• I was super swollen the last week or so! Bp and everything was normal and Dr didnt seem to be too worried about it. Guess some of us just swell up more than others! I was also extremely swollen for a couple days following delivery. Like couldn't recognize my feet swollen. My nurse and dr at the hospital said it was normal from all the fluids they pushed along with the epidural. After a couple nights of night sweats ( which I had no idea happens) My legs and feet were back to normal size :)
  • Thanks! Its starting to get a little out of control!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes ma'am. My legs started to swell at about 20 weeks and were huge, puffy, and weepy from the cracked, crusted skin I had from PUPPPs. And my belly also had edema, which was super gross looking. It goes away eventually, I promise :).

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• My swelling wasn't awful but it was summer and hot so I def had some.

But be prepared for the post partum night sweats. They're awful and I don't remember them w my oldest, maybe bc I didn't swell w him at all. I woke up drenched for quite a few nights. It's all the fluid making it's way out which is good, but man I sweat a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"