February 2014 Moms
Options

OMG- $200+ for inhaler?! VENT

Wtf?! I am so pissed. Now look, if I had asthma or needed this long term, I wouldn't bat an eye. But considering that this is a short term solution that my Ob has not even signed off on and may veto when I see her on Monday, I'm not about to shell out that kind of money. So I basically wasted my whole damn day at urgent care and still have no relief from this cough that is keeping me up all night! Yes, I can call the on call doc AGAIN, but this just effing sucks and now the pharmacy is closed anyway, so I definitely can't have any relief tonight. And I know it's not DHs fault but I'm also pissed b/c he paid $150 for some sh!tty glucose test strips w/o looking the other day even though I specifically told him not to b/c my endo mailed me some for free so that was a complete waste. I just can't justify another $200 right now on top of that. Our insurance sucks. 17 days till my good insurance kicks in and this thing would only cost me $20. Gah.

Re: OMG- $200+ for inhaler?! VENT

• Options
    Ok, so I did call the on call doc and she also said OMG at the price tag but said it really would help and is the fastest/safest treatment. So fine... I'm back at the pharmacy now waiting for it (they are open till 10 pm thankfully). She also told me to hold off on the antibiotics since this is probably viral. Glad I called but ouch to my wallet :-(

• Options
    :( that really really stinks. So sorry
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't read the OP, but I have asthma, and it has been terrible this pg. My rescue inhaler runs around $40, and my long term is $140+, with insurance. Totally sucks!

• Options
    I didn't read the OP, but I have asthma, and it has been terrible this pg. My rescue inhaler runs around $40, and my long term is $140+, with insurance. Totally sucks!
    That is terrible!  I must say that the Atrovent has helped.  Not sure that it helped $200 worth but at least I have gotten some relief.  Now at least the coughing is bearable.  I'm just so tired... :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"