May 2014 Moms

Black Stroller - too hot?

Hey y'all - I'm planning on purchasing an UppaBaby Vista stroller within a few weeks. My DH gets a huge discount and we can get it for significantly cheaper if we purchase soon, so I need to decide on color. I have no experience with strollers, so please tell me: is it crazy to get a black stroller? We live in the Pacific NorthWest, so we don't get crazy hot summers or anything, but it does get hot sometimes...

Our alternatives are the "Denny" (red) or the Silver (silvery gray). 

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this...I can hardly believe we are purchasing a stroller already! 
| Married since 2008 | DH and I: Both 30 | Me: Endometriosis and Carrier of an X-Linked Dominant Genetic Disorder | DH: Low Morph | Planning IVF with PGD and PGS in 2013 | Freeze-All IVF #1: March 2013 ER 3/26. 29R, 12M, 11F. 4 5AA frozen blasts. Freeze-All IVF#2: May 2013 ER 5/15. 31R, 21M, 20F. 6 5AA frozen blasts. Our PGD probe was completed in late June (total of 20 weeks to develop). PGD and PGS Results came on 6/19: 3 healthy embryos (normal chromosomes and unaffected by my family's genetic disorder). FET #1: July 2013 Natural Cycle - Cancelled due to insufficient lining (only got to 7.5mm). FET #1.2: August 2013 - Medicated Cycle with Lupron & Estrogen Patches to build up lining. Single embryo transfer was 8/23. Beta #1: 240! Beta #2: 578! U/S on 9/19 at 6w4d: We saw the heart beating at 131bpm. Second U/S on 10/4 at 8w5d: We saw the heart beating at 178bpm. EDD 5/11/2014
PAIF/SAIF/Everyone Welcome! 

Re: Black Stroller - too hot?

• We have a black stroller and I've never had any issues 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I got silver just because I feel like there is always a sea of black strollers, nothing to do with temp

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • My concern with black strollers is fading - which I always notice. Colours are can be fun, but you can never go wrong with black :)

I don't think it will affect the temp inside, its open to the air anyways.
  • We had a black stroller with DS and had no issues. And we're in TX. We're getting black again for this LO.

• I'm also in the PNW and love my black Maclaren.  Black is great for hiding dirt and spills. 
    imageimage">BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you all! Very helpful - I really like the black so I think I'll go with it!
    | Married since 2008 | DH and I: Both 30 | Me: Endometriosis and Carrier of an X-Linked Dominant Genetic Disorder | DH: Low Morph | Planning IVF with PGD and PGS in 2013 | Freeze-All IVF #1: March 2013 ER 3/26. 29R, 12M, 11F. 4 5AA frozen blasts. Freeze-All IVF#2: May 2013 ER 5/15. 31R, 21M, 20F. 6 5AA frozen blasts. Our PGD probe was completed in late June (total of 20 weeks to develop). PGD and PGS Results came on 6/19: 3 healthy embryos (normal chromosomes and unaffected by my family's genetic disorder). FET #1: July 2013 Natural Cycle - Cancelled due to insufficient lining (only got to 7.5mm). FET #1.2: August 2013 - Medicated Cycle with Lupron & Estrogen Patches to build up lining. Single embryo transfer was 8/23. Beta #1: 240! Beta #2: 578! U/S on 9/19 at 6w4d: We saw the heart beating at 131bpm. Second U/S on 10/4 at 8w5d: We saw the heart beating at 178bpm. EDD 5/11/2014
    PAIF/SAIF/Everyone Welcome! 

• Oh that was my same question. We are getting the uppababy vista also and I'm contemplating black or red.
  • Love our black stroller
  • My mom ordered our Vista for us bc she got a great Black Friday deal.  It came yesterday!  When we were looking at them a few weeks ago, BBB had the silver on display and it just looked really dirty.  I'm sure it was from being handled all the time but think of when you're using it on a daily basis.  We went with black.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"