Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Lo doesn't like to be on chest for burping

Ds2 (2 weeks old) doesn't seem comfortable when I put him on my chest to burp him. He's the same way with Dh. He'll start trying to move his head and upper body. I have yet to find a comfortable spot for him that way.
I was just curious if anyone else's LO was that way?
His umbilical cord has fallen off already.
With Ds1 it was so nice to hold him upright that way for a good 10-15 minutes or so while he digested.
I guess I'll just have to burp with him on my lap, but I worry more about spit-up that way.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lo doesn't like to be on chest for burping

• You can also hold lo on your lap in a seated position, leaned forward with your hand supporting chin and chest, then pat or circle on back.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Lisadi said:
    Ds2 (2 weeks old) doesn't seem comfortable when I put him on my chest to burp him. He's the same way with Dh. He'll start trying to move his head and upper body. I have yet to find a comfortable spot for him that way. I was just curious if anyone else's LO was that way? His umbilical cord has fallen off already. With Ds1 it was so nice to hold him upright that way for a good 10-15 minutes or so while he digested. I guess I'll just have to burp with him on my lap, but I worry more about spit-up that way.
    I mostly just hold my baby in a seated position, too.  I get better results that way than when I put her on my shoulder.  FWIW, she spits up more when I put her on my shoulder than when she's sitting, so maybe that will work for you too?  Or put a large burp cloth under him, or a bib on him before feeding/burping?

Iris born Halloween 2013! 6 lbs, 1 oz, 18 inches long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    March 24bimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • When my LO is full he hates the pressure on his belly. We have to get a quick burp out.
  • CDMay2006 said:

You can also hold lo on your lap in a seated position, leaned forward with your hand supporting chin and chest, then pat or circle on back.

This. I have always burped my LO this way. He also seems to burp better when I lean him slightly to the left. Lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"