December 2013 Moms

Mini vent over something super silly, but also super frustrating!

I am so irritated at stocking makers right now! Myself, my husband and my son all have monogrammed stocking that we purchased last year... I went to the same store this year and was excited to see that they still sold the same style and had a huge selection in stock still, i was a little frustrated however to find that they did not have one with LO's initial on it. I went to another branch of this store across town- same thing,  I went online to order one and they don't even sell this letter online. When i called Customer service they informed me that they do not make them with this particular letter! How can you manufacture stockings with monogrammed letters on them and leave letters of the alphabet out! they only make 16 letter and W is not one of them. After collecting myself, and deciding that his stocking could look different as long as it had his initial on it,  I did a little research on some other store websites and made some calls only to find that many manufacturers do this. Target, Walmart, Kmart, Sears and Kohls have all informed me that they do not carry the letter W on monogrammed stocking and they cannot even be special ordered. Going to check Hobby Lobby now and hoping for a different result, but already trying to think of people i know who may have sewing machines that can monogram, or about changing up the look of our stockings... super silly to be upset by this, especially since i am not even due until after Christmas, but i wanted to have one handy just in case and thought this would be an easy task. Wrong!

If you took the time to read this, thank you and don't feel like a response is necessary- just needed to vent, and my husband is being level headed and telling me it is not a big deal, and we will just do something different.....but at this very moment....it is a big deal...to me...because i am pregnant, emotional, and out of my favorite kind of cereal. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image image image

Re: Mini vent over something super silly, but also super frustrating!

• They don't do V, either. It is super annoying.
  • I completely get it.

• Loading the player...
  • That's super lame and I am sorry!
  • Wow that would be super frustrating. I'm like you and preferred they all be coordinating. I ended up ordering stockings for the 4 of us from etsy.

If you can find a similar stocking to your other ones, you might be able to find someone on etsy to monogram it for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm be pissed too!  I agree with the others -- if you can find the same or similar stocking plain, you should easily be able to find a place to monogram it (we have a bunch of stores in town that do embroidering for things like varsity jackets, corporate polos, etc).  Good luck!
  • I can understand that would be frustrating and I don't blame you for being a little mad about it. I could see them not making U's or X's but W does have a lot of names.

• Thanks for the suggestions ladies, I really appreciate the feedback and comments. I wish my DH would learn the phrase "I can understand why you would be frustrated" or something similar to it, because it really does help, lol. I know something will come together, and realistically if Wyatt does appear before Christmas I am pretty sure I am pretty sure a stocking will be pretty far from my mind.
    image image image

• Not making a W is crazy. It's a very popular letter. I have had a time finding stockings I liked this year. Thank goodness I bought a 4th that matched the ones we already had, so at least we have those, even though they aren't perfect.
  • I'm sorry. I'd be frustrated too!
  • That is annoying - we have monogrammed pottery barn ones and I was worried the design had changed but thankfully not! I already ordered the baby's stocking - it looks the same as ours but the monogram is a little different. Close enough considering I ordered the other ones 4 years ago
  • Um no I would be pissed off too. We have stocking but I had my mom write our names in puffy paint so that no matter where we get the stocking the writing will always be my moms. But no the monogrammed thing would piss me off they should allow you to special order the letters they leave out!!!!
  • Ugh, annoying! We don't have a name yet, so I ordered a blank one. As soon as this name is chosen, I'm taking it to a place here that embroiders anything. I've gotten blankets done there before and they do a great job. I bet you have a little shop around you that embroiders.

• I would go to Etsy!!
  • Years ago, I bought Pottery Barn stockings with the idea they would always be around and I wouldn't have a problem finding the same kind to get monogrammed.  You could always start over, depending on how many you'll be adding ;).  They're only $16.50 and that includes monogramming. 

• That is super annoying. Try target. They have monogram letter pins, I bought one with an M and put it on a plain stocking for my LO. I don't know if they had W but you could try an upside down M? It does suck that it won't match your other ones though.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

image image

• notthecheatnotthecheat member
    edited December 2013
    My maiden name starts with W and its really silly but I am actually slightly offended by this!

ETA: I am offended by the companies making only 16 letters, not your post... just to clarify...
  • Check at a local seamstress. They may be able to embroider for you?
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Hobby Lobby was a bust, so we are going to find a blank one that matches as close as possible and have it monogrammed to get a 'good enough' match. Unfortunately we don't have a pottery barn, but I may try them online. Our area is pretty low scale as far as boutiques and specialty places, but i am sure that if i look hard enough I can find someone who does good work, I just fear that it will look cheap, so I hesitate taking it just anywhere around here. etsy may be a good option for me! Thanks again for sharing in my frustration and for your suggestions!
    image image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"