Oklahoma Babies
Options

Just found out I'm pregnant!

Hey fellow Okie mommies! So after some suspicion and a lengthy wait (due to difficulty conceiving for over a year), I finally took a test that came back positive! Yesterday! I got it confirmed by a doctor later that day. I'm about seven weeks, and now there is a LOT to do. And I've done legwork for the past year. But it's like all of that went out the window suddenly! Anyway, it happened at such an inopportune time (doesn't it always?) because my husband just switched jobs and I'm uninsured. I'm awaiting a response from soonercare. How long should that take? Anyone know? And I also need to nail down a ob. I live close to Shawnee area, so any help is great, thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Just found out I'm pregnant!

• Options
    No idea on sooner care but congrats! I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you. :) contact some local doulas and they will have some great knowledge on the ob's in your area.
  • Options
    Soonercare is usually quick. If you did the application for it online it should have temporarily approved you automatically. If you have not done the app online you should do so it is quick and easy! Congrats on the new baby(: I am 27 weeks along with my second child and I am also on soonercare due to a similar reason.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! I will be seven weeks along later this week! I haven't dealt with Soonercare, but I have a friend who applied when she first was pregnant and her approval was pretty quick as well. She had a little bit harder time finding a doctor that she wanted to go with that accepted Soonercare, but I'm sure T4LOR probably knows more than I do on that part. I would first find a location you want to deliver at. You could always look at a hospital in the Midwest City area, or even at St. Anthony's (I've had two friends deliver there and really liked it) for delivery options closer to the Shawnee area.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies! Turns out my physical application got lost, so I did it online and I was approved! :) so that's a huge stress off my shoulders! My husband and I are registered at st. Anthony's in Shawnee, and I was seeing an ob/gyn there before I got pregnant, so I'm gonna see about sticking with him. Maybe. Or I might change my mind. Either way, I don't think I would go farther than Midwest City. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Congrats on your positive! I live in Shawnee as well!
  • Options
    Congrats.

*BFP- Sept 2013*

*Ryder due June 1,2014*

BabyFetus Ticker

*Love of my Life*

image image

<3<3<3<3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"