Third-Party Reproduction

Advice / where to start

I might be jumping the gun here, but I've been having some lining issues, so much to the point where my RE mentioned that if the upcoming FET doesn't work, he said I might have to look into having a carrier. Where can I start looking into this? Are there any good websites to just start to understand this process and if it is something we actually need/want to pursue. Thank you for your advice! If I need to do more of an intro I can.

**Sig warning***

TTC since 9/2011. DH - 32, me 32.

IUI#1 (natural): BFN; IUI#2 (clomid): BFN; IUI#3 (clomid and follistim): BFN.

IVF #1 March 2013, freeze all (OHSS).

FET#1 June: BFN

FET#2 August: delayed due to thin lining (6.3).  Took a few months off to try and thicken the lining with lots of estrodial.  FET#2.2 December: Cancelled due to thin lining (4.8). Two frosties left.

*New RE* Sonohystrogram and hystereoscopy done in Feb.

IVF #2: ER 3/4/14  ET 3/7/14, transferred 3, 3 day 9 cell perfect embryos.  No frosties.

Beta #1 (14dp3dt) 504

Beta #2 (21dp3dt) 11,561

First ultrasound on 4/3/14 showed 3 sacs: one empty and two with beating hearts!!  At 7w2d, found out that one baby did not have a heartbeat anymore.  Praying that baby B makes it.  Baby B is a girl!

EDD 11/25/14 BORN 11/29/14

**PAIF/anyone welcomed to comment!!  Thank you.

imageimageimageimage

Re: Advice / where to start

• I'm not too familiar with this but I do know that I have to take a few medications to improve my lining, maybe there's something out there that can help you?  My girlfriend also had a problem where her lining couldn't hold the baby and the first child she had was born at 26 weeks (thank goodness he's ok now) so for her second child they implanted a cerclage and that helped her carry the second child to full term.  Are either of those an option for you?

I really hope the best for you!!!
  • Do you mean surrogate? It is not legal in all states.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! I feel for you, my lining has always been crap no matter what meds I'm on and how hight my estrogen is. I have been pg three times from ivf and m/c three times with no reasonable explanation (genetics normal) so now we are moving on to gestational carrier (where the embryos are genetically you and your partners and not related to the carrier, which is different than surrogacy).

PP is correct in that the legal ease of the process is highly dependent on what state the child is born in, not where the intended parents (you and your partner) reside. we have been pursuing this since October. We are lucky enough to live in Illinois, one of the more progressive states as far as the laws addressing gestational carriers.

There are a handful of us on this board currently in the early stages of this path, so you are in good company on this board. Personally, I am trying to share what we learn at each new step to help others in their journey. I have also learned a ton by reading blogs by gestational carriers/intended parents.

feel free to private message me anytime!
    welcome and good luck! hopefully you won't need to pursue this path!

TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• I'm  in MO and delivered as a carrier in May for a couple in IL.  Like PP mentioned, the laws are based on where delivery takes place and each state has different laws.  I would read a bunch of forums, you can search specific topics and ask any specific questions.  The two I go on are surromomsonline.com and allaboutsurrogacy.com.  You can search for a surrogate via agency or independently (both sites listed have a classifieds section).  READ EVERYTHING you can find.  You'll start to decide what route you're more comfortable with (indy is cheaper but you have to do more leg work, agency takes care of a lot of the "busy work" such as possibly holding the escrow, doing background checks, suggesting attorneys, RE's if you don't have one).  You'll have ideas on what you want to look for in a surrogate (married vs, single, location, term or s/r views).  If you have any questions from the surro side feel free to message me.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Thank you so much ladies! I didn't realize that some states have different laws. My RE is trying to pull out all the stops this cycle (mind you I've been trying to build lining taking 12mg of estrogen for the past 3 months after a cancelled FET and a hysteroscopy) and it still a pretty crappy number. I've already talked to another RE about a second opinion and maybe we will get his opinion before moving to a gestational surrogate. I really appreciate all the responses and will let you know if I have any other questions. :)

**Sig warning***

TTC since 9/2011. DH - 32, me 32.

IUI#1 (natural): BFN; IUI#2 (clomid): BFN; IUI#3 (clomid and follistim): BFN.

IVF #1 March 2013, freeze all (OHSS).

FET#1 June: BFN

FET#2 August: delayed due to thin lining (6.3).  Took a few months off to try and thicken the lining with lots of estrodial.  FET#2.2 December: Cancelled due to thin lining (4.8). Two frosties left.

*New RE* Sonohystrogram and hystereoscopy done in Feb.

IVF #2: ER 3/4/14  ET 3/7/14, transferred 3, 3 day 9 cell perfect embryos.  No frosties.

Beta #1 (14dp3dt) 504

Beta #2 (21dp3dt) 11,561

First ultrasound on 4/3/14 showed 3 sacs: one empty and two with beating hearts!!  At 7w2d, found out that one baby did not have a heartbeat anymore.  Praying that baby B makes it.  Baby B is a girl!

EDD 11/25/14 BORN 11/29/14

**PAIF/anyone welcomed to comment!!  Thank you.

imageimageimageimage

• We're currently 15 weeks with a gestational carrier - let me know if you have any questions!
  • By "indy" I meant "independently", meaning finding your own surrogate instead of having the help of an agency. Some states have no or very pro-surrogacy laws, some don't allow any monetary compensation, I'm not sure if there are any states that it's not legal in.  I know in NY there can be no compensation.  In MO there are no laws regarding surrogacy (we had no issues).  IL, FL, TX, and CA seem to be the most pro-surrogacy states from what I've seen (though I've not researched every state's laws, just what I've observed over the past 3 years).

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"