September 2013 Moms
Options

FFFC - Black Friday Edition

I didn't see one of these yet today. Most of you are probably out there shopping!

Let's see those "Post Thanksgiving" confessions ladies!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC - Black Friday Edition

• Options
    My confession is that I am not even trying to figure out gifts for anyone but DH and LO this Christmas. Everyone is getting gift cards. I normally hate that but we travel for the holidays by plane. I have ordered gifts and had them shipped to our final destination in the past, then wrapped them when I got there. This year I just don't have the energy.

Oh and I had a leftover roll and a piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream for breakfast and I don't care!
  • Options
    With 60 people at the family thanksgiving dinner yesterday, it was fantastic not to have to worry about LO other than diaper changes and BF. He was so happy and content, it was a great day. Then in the 20 minutes I was in the shower this morning, I missed him so I came out and snuggled with him still in my towel, lol.
    TTC since October 22, 2012
    BFP January 11, 2013
    Kellan James Patrick was born September 28, 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I kind of love that my dd only wants me most of the time. Yes, it sucks when I want a break but it feels so damn good when my baby is crying and can't be soothed until the moment she's in my arms and stops fussing right away.

I also hate the Chinese word for grandma. In Cantonese it sounds almost exactly like mama, just slightly different intonation. I'm going to be mega pissed if, when dd starts saying mama, MIL tries to say dd is saying grandma, rather than referring to me, her mom. It's petty and irrational, but dammit, I earned the right to be mama! Why can't she use something else? Mama is pretty universal to mean mom! I know in Mandarin it sounds more like ah-mah. I secretly think she is telling me that's how to say grandma in Chinese just to be a jerk and that there's actually another word for it, but I don't know Chinese at all and dh doesn't remember the word for grandma so I don't have anything to go on.
    One DD born 9/23/13.
    We're one and done!
  • Options
    I applied for a job and  I hope I don't get it.  I get mat leave until the end of June and I want to use it all.  Plus the job is 2 hours away and me and the kids would stay at my moms and come home on weekends to see DH.  I don't want him to have all the free time while I am "single parenting".
  • Options
    AAAAAAND right after I hit post I got called for an interview on Monday for the job.
  • Options
    HBirdie said:

Yesterday I nursed Caleb in my SMIL's back living room on the couch. I forgot a burp rag and I figured he'd be good until I took him out to the main room and grabbed it from the diaper bag, but nope... I set him down to fix my shirt and he dribbled a little spit up (just a little) on a throw pillow. I just sort of rubbed it in and then turned the pillow around and didn't say anything...

Um, this is me except it was a little milky drool on throw pillow at the hair salon! Yes, I nursed while getting my hair done. I thought I had covered the pillow with a burp cloth but the drool was vigilant.
  • Options
    Around the holidays I let all sensible eating go out the window because I know January is coming. I've baked the best chocolate chip cookies twice in the last two weeks and I've eaten them for breakfast. Yum!
  • Options

I also hate the Chinese word for grandma. In Cantonese it sounds almost exactly like mama, just slightly different intonation. I'm going to be mega pissed if, when dd starts saying mama, MIL tries to say dd is saying grandma, rather than referring to me, her mom. It's petty and irrational, but dammit, I earned the right to be mama! Why can't she use something else? Mama is pretty universal to mean mom! I know in Mandarin it sounds more like ah-mah. I secretly think she is telling me that's how to say grandma in Chinese just to be a jerk and that there's actually another word for it, but I don't know Chinese at all and dh doesn't remember the word for grandma so I don't have anything to go on.

My MIL is From India and I have the same issue. She wanted to be called Nana initially which was fine. Now she keeps referring to herself as "ah-meh", Which to me sounds a lot like mommy. It also really irritates me that she calls him HER baby. Ummmm no
  • Options
    hmlynch84 said:

Around the holidays I let all sensible eating go out the window because I know January is coming. I've baked the best chocolate chip cookies twice in the last two weeks and I've eaten them for breakfast. Yum!

MIL & SFIL have a huge bag of mixed Hershey's Nuggets. He asked if I like the plain ones. I said I did and he said I could take all of them if I wanted because they don't like those.

I took them and didn't tell DH since I'm supposed to be eating better. I also finished them before we left their house.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I don't want anyone to hold my son for fear that he will get sick. This includes everyone except me, my mom, my husband, my god daughter, and best friend. I would love it if we didn't see H's family or any of my friends until Spring.  I know this is extreme, but I don't want to take care of a sick baby and even more important than that is that I don't want my baby sick.  I know it will stress the hell out of me. 

I also would be perfectly happy to spend more money on items that are not on sale then try to fight crowds for Black Friday.  I hate crowds in small places.  They make me anxious.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    DH took a "nap" at like 3 and he's STILL sleeping. It's now going on 8pm. I've tried waking him up and he won't and I'm irritated. So I let LO sleep for hours before bed time so he can stay awake with her. I'm tired and if anyone took an all day nap it should have been me.
  • Options
    I secretly hate my mil she wants lo to call her "grandmom" which I hate. Why not be called something that doesn't have the name mom in it at all?? And I hate hearing all the time oh he looks just like his daddy...ummm no actually he doesnt... oh and about Thanksgiving it was a great day with just my side of the family... I was nice enough to invite his side a month in advance..but his mom is to far stuck up the neighbors butt and at the last minute she "suddenly" has to take care of the neighbors animals, his brother is stuck up his boss' butt, and his dad and my smil well she's a cook so they had some catering thing....
  • Options

I'll BF in front of pretty much whoever, some with a cover, some without, with no problem. However, I refuse to do it in front of my MIL for a couple reasons ... 1) she asks me the weirdest questions about it 2) she doesn't understand why I don't bottle feed and I like to continue bugging her by not 3)I like having an excuse to hide when we're with her (which is exactly what I'm doing right now)

I'm curious what kinds of questions she asks you? My MIL has asked me at least twice if when I pump if I have cream that rises to the top and proceeds to tell me how rich her breast milk was.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Toby, my furry baby
  • Options
    Bamgal25 said:
    I'll BF in front of pretty much whoever, some with a cover, some without, with no problem. However, I refuse to do it in front of my MIL for a couple reasons ... 1) she asks me the weirdest questions about it 2) she doesn't understand why I don't bottle feed and I like to continue bugging her by not 3)I like having an excuse to hide when we're with her (which is exactly what I'm doing right now)
    I'm curious what kinds of questions she asks you? My MIL has asked me at least twice if when I pump if I have cream that rises to the top and proceeds to tell me how rich her breast milk was.
    oh, lord... your MIL's questions are better!

the latest question.... we left A with my parents overnight to go to a wedding two weeks ago, and my MIL asked me (in front of my parents and H) "How did you do with expressing milk while you were away? What did you produce?".... um, WTF? Why is that her business? She's kind of an awkward person anyway, and has a very odd way of phrasing questions. There's a chance they're not always annoying and offensive, but the delivery is.
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"