October 2013 Moms
Options

Section scar

So now that some of my swelling and bloat have gone down I have noticed something odd. This was my third CS. My last two they used the same cut and did this time too. But I noticed that they added like three inches in length to each side this time. Why would my OB so this? Anyone else have this? I will be asking at next visit.

Re: Section scar

• Options
    Mine is a little wider, too. I went into labor this time and she was down way low, so I imagine that had something to do with it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    I did too this time. I didn't think about that?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Could be the extra scar tissue and a tight incision, so they make it wider to have more room to work.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It looks weird :( it's a big thick scar on the old incision and has two thin scars stretching out the sides. Like a weird smiley face=not cute
  • Options
    HFrizzle I'm guessing you are prob right. They did tell me I had a ton of scar tissue and that it took an extra hour to see me up. I'm embarrassed I'm just now noticing.
  • Options
    This was my 3rd as well and they spent a lot of time taking out scar tissue. I have two scars, so he went through the most recent, tunneled up to the oldest and removed & loosened up the scar because it was so tight.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KerCo51KerCo51 member
    edited November 2013
    This was my first section, but the doctor told me he made my incision about 3 inches longer than normal bc they thought her head was much bigger than it was.

BFP: 1.19.2013 - EDD: 10.2.2013 - It's a girl! 9.25.13: Welcome Addison!

• Options
    Wait... Three inches to each side? My entire scar has got to be about 6 inches total. Not that I ever measured if but that seems really long. This was my third c/s as well and it seems about the same length. I have a tattoo on my left side that the scar stops just short of touching and it's still the same way but it does look a little longer. I think that it seems longer now and will shrink as everything goes back to normal.
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes in each side. I had my appendix removed on my right side down there about 23 years ago and it cut all the way thru that scar and past it. So now my scar has an x look to it. I'm gonna make DH measure it later lol.
  • Options
    Ouch! I was scrutinizing my scar in the mirror after this. I didn't have anything to measure it with though! Lol
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This was my third as well. I feel like mine is slightly longer, but not by much. I don't really care, though. I'm more upset about the sad sad state of my boobs waaa!!! :((
  • Options
    This was my second and my scars don't overlap at all... but I was noticing that my new one is shorter... for a bigger baby and that bothers me slightly... but holy cow an extra six inches? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"