10% 12 votes
Francesca aka frannie
9% 11 votes
Eva
6% 7 votes
Miabella
0% 0 votes

Re: Help us decide on a baby girl name

• Penelope is my number one choice I am just afraid it is a little risky but SO happy to see other love it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Penelope!

My DD is a Mirabelle. ;;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I love Penelope and Vivian. I always think of Kourtney Kardashian when I hear Penelope, which kind of ruins it for me.
  • I voted Francesca because it sounds exotic. Penelope reminds me of KK, so it ruins it for me. I like miabella, but I think it's too close to Annabelle.
  • I voted Penelope.  I love the way it sounds with Annabelle :)
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • I love Penelope but I think it'd be a bit much to have them both have very long names, so I voted Eva.  I think Annabella and Eva sounds really sweet :)  Vivian would be my second choice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yet another reason to hate the Kardashians. :-w
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I voted Francesca, but Penelope was a very close second.  

• @jcieply so jealous that you have names picked out! I haven't even given them a though for LO#2 and I am anticipating quite the battle with DH (we have opposite opinions on names and took a long time to pick out DD's name)

• jenmbott said:
    @jcieply so jealous that you have names picked out! I haven't even given them a though for LO#2 and I am anticipating quite the battle with DH (we have opposite opinions on names and took a long time to pick out DD's name)
    We've had a hard time dh doesn't LOVE any of them. I had Annabelle's name picked for years I think this one will still take a while ;)
  • I am an Elizabeth. The nn lizzy made me cringe so I couldn't vote for Elizabeth.
  • I voted Penelope.

I also really liked Charlotte, but also using Nn Charlie.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    edited November 2013
    I voted Penelope. I think Pennie is cute but I would go with Poppy or Pip/Pippa for the nn.

I am very excited to see Francesca on your list! That is our girl middle name. I love the full name but not the nickname options so that is why it is in the mn spot for us.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I voted for Vivian... love the nickname Vivi, and I love how it goes with Annabelle. 
  • edited November 2013
    Well, DD1 is Vivienne nn Vivi, DD3 is Elizabeth nn Betsy, so I love both of those :)
    Penelope nn Penny was on my list as was Francine, seems like we have similar naming interest.
    ETA: I voted for Vivian, I think it pairs best with Annabelle.
  • Well, DD1 is Vivienne nn Vivi, DD3 is Elizabeth nn Betsy, so I love both of those :) Penelope nn Penny was on my list as was Francine, seems like we have similar naming interest. ETA: I voted for Vivian, I think it pairs best with Annabelle.

Very similar taste! I had Francine on the list at one point too!
  • I voted Francesca, but as the proud owner of a Penny, you couldn't go wrong with that either. ;)
  • I voted for Vivian but really I like all of them. The only one I would not pick is Miabella because I think it's to similar to your DDs name since the both have "bell" in them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love Penelope, but I gotta be honest--the "ie" on the end of Penny bugs me.  I love the nickname Penny but Pennie seems like it's trying too hard.

Least favorite is Miabelle.  It sounds like a letter got missed in Mirabelle.

And count me as someone who doesn't like picking a name for the nickname--I'd be sure you're happy with the main name, because when the kid is 13 she's going to decide to call herself something else, guaranteed, lol.

Yes, I'm that person who's honest but an asshat on these polls.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I met a little girl yesterday named Penelope.  They called her Pip.  Super cute!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• I voted for Penelope. But I would not pick a name based off the NN I wanted to use. IMHO, if you are going to do that you may as well just name the child the NN.

I am huge on not picking a nn for a name. My daughter is 15 months and I've never called her anything but Annabelle and I hate when people say what do you call her? I put the nicknames up just because I do like the sound of them too and eventually someone will shorten it in someway. Def deciding based on the full name though :) Thanks for everyone's input! I'll let you know what we decide. The middle name has to be Michael because of a family tradition and it's our last. I like how Vivian Michael sounds but just love Penelope!
  • Vivian and Penelope were my top 2!
    (Formerly MamaBearKendy)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"